1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
98 Posts
After talking with a few audio shops, two have recommended the DD 6.5 coax speakers and another recommended the DD VO6.5 for the front and the DD 6.5 for the rear. Anyone had any experience with these speakers? Kinda torn because I am leaning towards the Kappas, but still not completely sold on any one speaker yet.

http://ddaudio.com/products/mobile-audio/mids-highs/coax-and-components-hybrids/cxs-65
http://ddaudio.com/products/mobile-audio/voice-optimized/vo-m65
They look good. Try them out. Absolute worse case, if you don't like them, change them out. They could impress you. Let us know what you do.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I picked up the DD VO M6.5 for the front and the lowers. I plan on getting the CXS for the rear pods. I don't have them hooked up now but from everyone I've talked to they hang with the Hertz SPL's which run more money. If I can get my bike to sound anywhere near Torqu who is running all Hertz I will be happy.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Digital Design makes some awesome Audio Components. I heard there Subs in a Car Sound-off competion and this guy was pumping over 2500 watts rms into them and they didnt even break a sweat! They make good stuff thats for sure, I wonder if they are up to Par with the Hertz speakers? It would be nice to compare the two..

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm about 90 percent sure those are the speakers I'm going with. Talked to Chris Lowe on the phone today, and he showed me a video of a very similar set up. Super loud and super clear. It's a little more than I want to spend for speakers, but it sounds (no pun intended) like it will be worth it. For those interested, I'll update when everything is ordered and installed.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I picked up the DD VO M6.5 for the front and the lowers. I plan on getting the CXS for the rear pods. I don't have them hooked up now but from everyone I've talked to they hang with the Hertz SPL's which run more money. If I can get my bike to sound anywhere near Torqu who is running all Hertz I will be happy.
OC, did you get your system hooked up? I noticed the VO-Ms were a tad too big for the fairing and my top fairing screws won't stay in place. I have the VO-Ms up front and the CXS in the rear. When my wife rides, the rear speakers are covered and can only hear the VO-Ms which don't have near the same quality of sound as the CXS. I'm going to the shop I bought them from and swapping out the front to the CXS on Saturday.

·
Registered
2 Posts
After talking with a few audio shops, two have recommended the DD 6.5 coax speakers and another recommended the DD VO6.5 for the front and the DD 6.5 for the rear. Anyone had any experience with these speakers? Kinda torn because I am leaning towards the Kappas, but still not completely sold on any one speaker yet.

http://ddaudio.com/products/mobile-audio/mids-highs/coax-and-components-hybrids/cxs-65
VO-M6.5 - DD Audio
Not sure how old this is, but I have digital design in my road glide and they are awesome. Have tried fosgate (punch and power), kappa, hertz and even tried focal out and none come close to the DD audio. And I have 6.5 and 5x7. I don't even need the 6x9 and it's way loud going 80 down the freeway. So if your in the market still. Go for it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Not sure how old this is, but I have digital design in my road glide and they are awesome. Have tried fosgate (punch and power), kappa, hertz and even tried focal out and none come close to the DD audio. And I have 6.5 and 5x7. I don't even need the 6x9 and it's way loud going 80 down the freeway. So if your in the market still. Go for it.
What models are you running ? I might be changing my speakers out

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.