Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my son dropped a ladder on my new bike, the ladder thankfully had plastic on the rungs so it didn't scrape into the paint, also where it hit on the tank is by my left thigh so hardly noticeable...but it left a good size ding, about pinky size. The denim paint conceals it pretty good, but when you feel the tank its totally noticeable. you can see it too if you look at it close.

Curious if there is any tricks to get the ding out, kind of like a hail dent.

I am guessing not, going to just have a scar to remember.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Considered making a claim on insurance to get it fixed. going to store it soon so I'll have to see next season if I can stand looking at that ding. Haha. Just pisses me off more I look at it.

·
Registered
877 Posts
I saw a thing on removing dents. Take a heat gun or good hair dryer and heat the spot up good, then take cool compressed air and blow on the dent. In the video i saw for a car, the dent just popped right out. Worth a try i guess. Hope it helps you out.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
I saw a thing on removing dents. Take a heat gun or good hair dryer and heat the spot up good, then take cool compressed air and blow on the dent. In the video i saw for a car, the dent just popped right out. Worth a try i guess. Hope it helps you out.

I saw this video. Pretty cool, handy solution to have.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I saw that stuff too for cars. But like RoadHawg said the tanks are thick. A lot thicker than a cars skin. Wonder if it would work on the thicker metal. Guess I may give it a try if I can find a heat gun. :)

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I tried tonight with a hair dryer. No such luck, not sure if I got it hot enough. Oh well.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Check with a paintless dent repair company. As long as the ding don't have a crease, they can likely pop it back out from inside the tank. I've used them before and couldn't tell where the dent was when they were done. Might be worth looking into.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
I'd go the other way...

get a pin-striper to paint a few stitches over it and write (oops) under it in real small font. I'd do it in red. Probably $30 and you'll never see anyone else with it ha.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'd go the other way...

get a pin-striper to paint a few stitches over it and write (oops) under it in real small font. I'd do it in red. Probably $30 and you'll never see anyone else with it ha.

Loved that idea. Didn't do a permanent version in case I get it fixed. All I had was silver vinyl. Thanks for that idea Kyle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts