Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, this is totally my luck... I had a 2013 RGC for two years, put about 13k miles on it, not a scratch. I traded it in for a mint 2013 RGC CVO and within a week I apparently picked up a ding in the front fairing already! Must have been a rock kicked up somewhere along the line.

Anyway, it doesn't look like it's down into the paint, just a chip out of the clear coat with some air bubbles on either side. What is the best fix for this? The ding itself doesn't bother me as much as the clear coat on either side which looks like it could flake off more.

Photo to follow.

· Registered
542 Posts
Wow, that is a bad one.
I have a few small ones on my 13 BBP. They stand out a bit more cause they went down to the primer.

· Registered
463 Posts
Ride it, and along the way go to some painters and ask them for a quote. Its your decision in the end, but I prefer to let my bike age naturally.

· Registered
492 Posts
These things are going to happen to bikes that are ridden. If you're OCD then fix it, if not just ride and enjoy it. I received an annoying ding in the front fender of my RGU within 2 months of buying it. I can't see it from the seat so I quit worrying.:D

· Registered
973 Posts
That's an easy fix. Get the color match paint from HD dab some on there let it dry dab a bit more let it dry, dab some clear to get it slightly above level. Then with some elbow grease polish her out. I have done my bike a bunch of times and there is only one place you can sort of see and I am seriously anal about such things.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.