Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
15 RGS

Rear Fender ends above Tri Bar.

The Tri Bar is mounted to the bottom of the filler sections, that run along each side of the fender connecting in a U at bottom of fender.

When driving thru water, etc. dirty water seeps thru the seam between these two sections.

Any one have a solution that works ?

·
Registered
166 Posts
15 RGS

The Tri Bar is mounted to the bottom of the filler sections, that run along each side of the fender connecting in a U at bottom of fender.

When driving thru water, etc. dirty water seeps thru the seam between these two sections.

I like the idea of that. What size foam you use? I'll go get a big roll of it Monday

·
Registered
6,572 Posts
Yep! It's call a pocket of quarters and a trip to car wash! :wink:

Don't worry I been taking my 08 to the $.25 car wash since it's been new and I never had a problem, just don't get the wand to close to the bike and take the finger off the trigger when doing the instruments.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for input to date !

Any other thoughts ?

·
Registered
121 Posts
15 RGS

Don't you get water around the Tri-Bar too? I'm thinking of rebuilding with clear silicone everywhere...

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Don't you get water around the Tri-Bar too? I'm thinking of rebuilding with clear silicone everywhere...
As a Jetski guy, my first thought was the removable marine silicon.
#4100 or 4200. Ones removable, one is permanent.

I put up original post, to see if others had come up with a different solution.

This bump may prompt other responses.

I replaced original Tri bar with the LED Custom Dynamic's version. No leaks from it right now.

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
2,338 Posts
Yep! It's call a pocket of quarters and a trip to car wash! :wink:

Don't worry I been taking my 08 to the $.25 car wash since it's been new and I never had a problem, just don't get the wand to close to the bike and take the finger off the trigger when doing the instruments.

Yeah, that :smile:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts