Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Has anyone tried these yet? https://dirtyworks-kc.com/products/d...luminum-shocks

I am wondering how is the ride for a light rider since I only weigh 125lbs?
link didn't work for me, but as long as they can spring them for your weight and any additional weight you may carry you should be OK.

The spring is designed for a weight range if it has adjustable preload. This is what you use to set your static sag.

Rebound and compression damping are adjusted based on the intended road surface and riding style if the adjustments are available with the shock you are looking at.

How much wheel travel they provide contributes to the ability to absorb bumps.

·
Registered
267 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the xotic shocks (Monroe) that they modified for only 13" extended length. The ride is good when 2 up but it is very rough when it is just me on the bike. Does anyone know if JNR and Dirty air modify the valving on their Monroe shocks or do they just reinforce the shocks. Everyone talks about how great they ride and I am wondering if they do something different.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am still undecided on shocks for my bike. Does anyone make an air ride that provides a ride quality comparable to a high end shock like ohlins or proaction?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts