Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
figured I'd ask first, really in doubt

So 03 FLTri, 95in, stock cams, open KN, Hooker exh (left side to T, rt side to HP), 99k^miles on motor

lil things like polished heads when doing rocker covers and other gaskets long time ago, put new fuel injectors in @ 50k.....

Anyway wanted to see if I disconnected the pcIII and road it around TO see if there is a difference,

I suspect it was never maped right back in '05, or mapped at all, other than my setting it to take it to get dynoed, never noticed much difference after, pinged some so I may have made it right then? or just running even way back then

I mean the leds run up and down fine, but always lean

WIll the pcIII when reconnected know a difference, I've long lost the maps and instructions (and a pc set up to check)

So ??, I can plug the bike back into stock TO SEE, then If I want put the pcIII back....No Harm No Foul?

·
EFI tuning and Exhaust Expert
814 Posts
figured I'd ask first, really in doubt

So 03 FLTri, 95in, stock cams, open KN, Hooker exh (left side to T, rt side to HP), 99k^miles on motor

lil things like polished heads when doing rocker covers and other gaskets long time ago, put new fuel injectors in @ 50k.....

Anyway wanted to see if I disconnected the pcIII and road it around TO see if there is a difference,

I suspect it was never maped right back in '05, or mapped at all, other than my setting it to take it to get dynoed, never noticed much difference after, pinged some so I may have made it right then? or just running even way back then

I mean the leds run up and down fine, but always lean

WIll the pcIII when reconnected know a difference, I've long lost the maps and instructions (and a pc set up to check)

So ??, I can plug the bike back into stock TO SEE, then If I want put the pcIII back....No Harm No Foul?
Assuming it was tuned correctly back in 2005, the bike was maintained properly and there are no mechanical issues there would have been no real reason to adjust the PC III along the way, nothing should have changed tune wise and everything should continue to work as normal. I would advise against removing the unit and riding the bike unless it is a very short test, with your 95" kit you run the risk of damage from an extreme lean condition running off the stock EFI calibration.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Like Jamie said you will be running very lean on the stock ecm calibration. You added 7 additional cubic inches with the big bore kit. That is a lot more air passing thru the motor and your 2003 Delphi system has no sensors to help the ecm make fuel adjustments for that extra volume.

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks^^

Makes sense, just had the urge

Just looking for something fix to Not break, as it goes:smile:

"with your 95" kit you run the risk of damage from an extreme lean condition running off the stock EFI calibration".

Has had 95" from mile one....I put the PC in '05, plugs have always looked good (little lean)

Did the Dealership (closed long ago) change the unit when they installed the 95 kit???
think Iam over thinking FI

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Thanks^^

Makes sense, just had the urge

Just looking for something fix to Not break, as it goes:smile:

"with your 95" kit you run the risk of damage from an extreme lean condition running off the stock EFI calibration".

Has had 95" from mile one....I put the PC in '05, plugs have always looked good (little lean)

Did the Dealership (closed long ago) change the unit when they installed the 95 kit???
think Iam over thinking FI
If you just want to tinker with it. Get online and download the power commander programing data base, look up your build and pipes, and download it to your unit. You never know with data, some could be messed up or whatever. I would do it for piece of mind.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts