Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Other than Surdyke, are there other dealers out there on the internet that offer discounts on Harley parts and goodies?

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
have you not heard of pcpain? he was the parts manager of hornytoad hd until he decided to go corporate. but, he has trained up his replacement, and she has assured me that she plans to continue the discounts that jon was offering.

you can email her direct at: [email protected]

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
have you not heard of pcpain? he was the parts manager of hornytoad hd until he decided to go corporate. but, he has trained up his replacement, and she has assured me that she plans to continue the discounts that jon was offering.

you can email her direct at: Jessi[email protected]
I saw his farewell post but I didn't know anything about it. I'll email her thanks.

·
Registered
684 Posts
I cant speak on parts from Boardtracker, but if you need an ESP, there is no better place to go for that than them.

Way to get the 411 on HornyToad Skratch.

Super nice of Jon to pass on the message to take care of us.

Mike

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Another Horny Toad customer...Always beats the other discounters on HD pure..

Except on the clothing..Barnett, crazy deals sometimes!!!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just an update, Horny Toad will still give us a discount. What I didn't like was that I was spending over $450 and they wanted to charge me $45 in shipping charge. Surdyke will ship for free anything over $150.00 but only to your home address or the address on the credit card and Boardtracker will ship anything over $100 for $5. They all have basically the same discount about 20% and they don't charge sales tax unless I'm guessing you probably live in the state they are in. So my best option was Boardtracker since I wanted it sent to my work address.

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
Just an update, Horny Toad will still give us a discount. What I didn't like was that I was spending over $450 and they wanted to charge me $45 in shipping charge. Surdyke will ship for free anything over $150.00 but only to your home address or the address on the credit card and Boardtracker will ship anything over $100 for $5. They all have basically the same discount about 20% and they don't charge sales tax unless I'm guessing you probably live in the state they are in. So my best option was Boardtracker since I wanted it sent to my work address.
I don't care how they slice it up, I just look at the bottom line. everytime I've checked a price at Newcastle, boardtracker, etc. they have always come out a little more expensive, even with the free shipping. now, in my case, i'm only one state over, so the shipping may not be as high for me as for someone whose package has to cross several zones. either way, i'm not complaining.

hornytoad's discount is not %off, it's cost plus 5%. so you may see some prices discounted more than 20%, or some slightly less.

Reactions: 08Zinc

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don't care how they slice it up, I just look at the bottom line. everytime I've checked a price at Newcastle, boardtracker, etc. they have always come out a little more expensive, even with the free shipping. now, in my case, i'm only one state over, so the shipping may not be as high for me as for someone whose package has to cross several zones. either way, i'm not complaining.

hornytoad's discount is not %off, it's cost plus 5%. so you may see some prices discounted more than 20%, or some slightly less.
I was just saying what was better for me since I didn't want it shipped to my house. When I compared prices, there was only a couple of dollars ($2-$5) difference between all of them. I'm not sure how they figure the discount but when I do the math, it's pretty darn close to 20%.

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
I was just saying what was better for me since I didn't want it shipped to my house. When I compared prices, there was only a couple of dollars ($2-$5) difference between all of them. I'm not sure how they figure the discount but when I do the math, it's pretty darn close to 20%.
don't get me wrong, I wasn't disparaging you. just commenting. what works for one, may not work for another. just like shipping to me in la may be cheaper than shipping to someone in Vermont.

what's important is that we have options. options is good. :grin:

·
Registered
422 Posts
Sad to hear Jon has moved on. He always treated me right! After reading this I sent an email to the new person mentioned in this thread. I have not heard back.

First it was Jenni, then Jon, who will we all like next only to have them move along (good on Jon for doing well for himself)

What I liked about Jon is when you would order painted parts he would inspect them before shipping. Do the others do that? I don't know. Jon always took great care of me :(

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
don't get me wrong, I wasn't disparaging you. just commenting. what works for one, may not work for another. just like shipping to me in la may be cheaper than shipping to someone in Vermont.

what's important is that we have options. options is good. :grin:
Non taken, and I didn't think you were disparaging me at all. I find interesting your comment about cost plus 5%. I would have thought that the dealers would have a better price margin. My dealership gives the HOG members a 20% discount when the attend the monthly HOG meeting. We can use that discount once in the following week for anything other than a new bike.

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
Sad to hear Jon has moved on. He always treated me right! After reading this I sent an email to the new person mentioned in this thread. I have not heard back.

(
she may be off? I sent an email pretty late at night and got a reply by the next day.

·
Registered
7,570 Posts
I emailed Jessica last night and she got back to me this morning with a quote.
I called her this afternoon and placed my order.
Jessica was very pleasant as well as very helpful.
I was glad that Jon's replacement is as helpful as he has always been.
Needless to say, I will continue to purchase OEM parts from Horny Toad HD.
Mike U.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts