Road Glide banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone having a problem with an incoming call not showing the contact, only the number? I've refreshed the contact list a couple times with no improvement. It would be handy if I have someone trying to get a hold of me from work, etc, with all the solicitor call these days.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
This is a phone setting issues, not a radio issue.

Not sure what kind of phone you have, but if it's an iPhone:

On the phone go to:

Settings:

Bluetooth:

Boom!:

Turn on Show Notifications and Sync Contacts. You can also tag Phone Favorites, Phone Recents, and All Contacts and they will show up as well.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Mine works fine. Wish it would pop up text messages.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's a android system, Kyocera phone. It's not consistent, sometimes the contact name does show up. I'll check the phone settings, but I can search on the bike system for recent calls and it shows the contact name except for the call that didn't show the contact. Everything I read in the boom manual points towards refreshing contacts as it would do when you pair the phone. Haven't checked to see if text notification is available.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Same phone not an issue with my '15 GMC truck, don't think it would be a phone setting. I'll check with the dealer when I get a chance, see if they ran into this before.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Each vehicle has different settings on the IPhone, not sure how android stuff works. It could be fine in my car and wrong on the bike depending on how the phone is set up.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Rest

Powered my phone off and restarted after 15min, verified the Bluetooth settings for the bike-confirmed share contacts is checked. Even removed my phone from the bike and paired again. Refreshed the phone book. Still no contacts listed on the bike. I'm thinking the lastest updates we're done in late May by the dealer, may have caused the problem. I haven't tried to use my contacts until recently. Thinking that flash has a glitch.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Rest

Powered my phone off and restarted after 15min, verified the Bluetooth settings for the bike-confirmed share contacts is checked. Even removed my phone from the bike and paired again. Refreshed the phone book. Still no contacts listed on the bike. I'm thinking the lastest updates we're done in late May by the dealer, may have caused the problem. I haven't tried to use my contacts until recently. Thinking that flash has a glitch.

Make sure the sync setting is on in the Boom GT

Also this

Some phones are not compatible, in fact for text notifications you have to have an iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,395 Posts

Some phones are not compatible, in fact for text notifications you have to have an iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mine comes up with a 'droid but just on the bottom of the screen. If I'm on the nav screen, I don't see it at all because the bottom "ticker" portion of the screen is gone.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Did all the above, everything is checked on the boom system and phone. Even reloaded the HD update 1.22.0.2 today with no change. There are no contacts listed in the phone book, even when refreshed. The contacts did load last season prior to the latest January update, so I'm thinking that's where the problem may be. See what the dealer can come up with.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Follow-up, went to the dealer and they confirmed the latest software is the problem with another android phone and reinstalling the update. Though it works fine with an apple phone. They didn't have the previous software available to install temporarily until another update comes out. HD was notified, so hopefully the update takes care of it.

·
Registered
7,195 Posts
Follow-up, went to the dealer and they confirmed the latest software is the problem with another android phone and reinstalling the update. Though it works fine with an apple phone. They didn't have the previous software available to install temporarily until another update comes out. HD was notified, so hopefully the update takes care of it.
I try to keep the zip files from previous versions, what version are you on now? If I have it, maybe I can send the zip file by email?? The reason I say maybe, sometimes I can and sometimes it does not work.

Reactions: 18 Wicked Special

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I try to keep the zip files from previous versions, what version are you on now? If I have it, maybe I can send the zip file by email?? The reason I say maybe, sometimes I can and sometimes it does not work.
That would be great. It's the latest 1.22.0.2 dated 1-16-19.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Took a long ride yesterday and found a dealer with the previous software 1.22.0.1 and reflashed the bike. Bad news is it didn't fix the problem. Now I'm thinking the problem is the boom unit. While troubleshooting, I found the missed calls show the contact name but no contact list available, even after refreshing contact list, unpairing the reconnecting. Also tried another phone again. Time to go back to my dealer again.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Long story short, my phone was slowing failing. Losing contacts randomly & bluetooth export issues. New phone resolved everything! Figures, shortly after the old one was paid off.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts