Road Glide banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got the boom audio amp installed.

Just about had it back together, everything was cool.....all of a sudden cd sound shuts off. CD still playing but no volume.

take fairing off, sound resumes.

Put back together, try ipod....it works fine. accidentally hit signal and ipod volume cuts off intermittently with signal. Then stereo shuts off. What the heck!!!

Any help would be greatly greatly appreciated

Took amp out of equation...still does the same thing. Beginning to wonder if it was something that happened between the stage 4 kit install and the amp install. Havent had bike stereo on since last day I rode it....so cant really eliminate anything since then.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Got the boom audio amp installed.

Just about had it back together, everything was cool.....all of a sudden cd sound shuts off. CD still playing but no volume.

take fairing off, sound resumes.

Put back together, try ipod....it works fine. accidentally hit signal and ipod volume cuts off intermittently with signal. Then stereo shuts off. What the heck!!!

Any help would be greatly greatly appreciated
What do you mean by accidentally hit signal??

Sounds like you have a loose connection somewhere.

Are your grounds all good and tight and clean?

·
Registered
198 Posts
What do you mean by accidentally hit signal??

Sounds like you have a loose connection somewhere.

Are your grounds all good and tight and clean?
+1
sounds like your haveing a loose connection in there that is getting pulled or pinched when you put the fairing on. make sure everything has wiggle room and the wires are all tight connections

·
Registered
967 Posts
+1

sounds like your haveing a loose connection in there that is getting pulled or pinched when you put the fairing on. make sure everything has wiggle room and the wires are all tight connections

Agree will start by checking all connections. If all works fine without the fairing most have lose plug wire etc.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What I meant by accidentally hit signal, was that I reached over the bars to turn volume up and accidentally turned on the signal light. That's when sound started to cut in and out.

It also does this with the fairing off.

Should the negative wire from amp be grounded or just ran to negative side on battery? Says battery in instructions

Will give all connections and grounds another good look tonight.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Where are all the grounds? Found a couple by the battery. They're tight.

Beginning to wonder if its something in the controls/bars. Doesnt matter if fairing is on or off.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Anything is worth a shot. Thanks.

Actually had battery tender on last night....tried it today for a couple minutes and worked fine.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Where are all the grounds? Found a couple by the battery. They're tight.

Beginning to wonder if its something in the controls/bars. Doesnt matter if fairing is on or off.
Where did you run the ground to? If it's to the frame make sure there's no paint or powder under it...

·
Registered
967 Posts
Mentioned iPod? Did you also have the iPod interface? What type of bike Custom or Ultra?
If an iPod interface on a Custom check wiring to the namz plug.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Not sure what I did differently, or if the battery was charged sufficient but no problems. fingers are crossed.

Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Did you check carefully to make sure you didn't pinch a turn signal wire when putting the fairing back on? Hitting the turn signal makes me wonder if that caused a short to blow a fuse somewhere. I might have had a similar experience when wiring a new GPS recently...

·
Registered
483 Posts
Did you check carefully to make sure you didn't pinch a turn signal wire when putting the fairing back on? Hitting the turn signal makes me wonder if that caused a short to blow a fuse somewhere. I might have had a similar experience when wiring a new GPS recently...
I've heard of this happening before. Thats what I was thinking. Hmmm... weird.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts