Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the new GTS radio, does anyone know how to reset the Distance since last service? It's on the Engine Info page in the Information/Vehicle Status section. The only reference in the manual is

Reset Last Service
Please see Harley-Davidson dealer to have the Distance Since Last Service odometer reset.

·
Registered
299 Posts
On the new GTS radio, does anyone know how to reset the Distance since last service? It's on the Engine Info page in the Information/Vehicle Status section. The only reference in the manual is

Reset Last Service
Please see Harley-Davidson dealer to have the Distance Since Last Service odometer reset.
I think you answered your own question>:)

·
Registered
228 Posts
Only the dealer can reset it and it is a pain for them. I ask one of the service tech's at my dealer and we went and looked it up. The bike has to be connected to there electronic service tool , the key fob has to be out of range of the bike. Then it is multiple steps for the tech to go through to reset it. I do my own service so told them when I trade it in for the next bike they can reset it then. HA HA !! I also have a BMW and it has to be reset by the dealer as well but there is an aftermarket code reader you can buy for about $300.00 and do it your self. I don't expect to see an aftermarket device for the Harley because they made it very complex to reset even with there tools. I would expect the Harley tech's to need to pull out the service manual each time they do an oil change to reset the damn thing. Those of you that let the dealer service your bike should check to see if they even bother to reset it at the service.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
The online manual states to:
1) turn Off the Ignition
2)wait 15 seconds
3)turn on acc
4)holdpower/mute button till service menu is displayed
5)Select Reset
6)Select mileage reset
7)Select Yes

·
Registered
228 Posts
Yes that is the instruction for the tech after it is connected to the HD electronic service tool and put in service mode.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I found this on "another" message board:

It's done through the maintenance menu on the Boom Box. To enter maintenance mode, let the bike sit without messing with it for several minutes. 5 minutes seems to work. While holding one finger on On/Off (lower right) of Boom Box, depress trigger switch (left handlebar). Release trigger switch when Boom Box displays start up screen but continue to hold finger on On/Off of Boom Box. The usual warning message will display. Continue to hold the On/Off, be patient, until the Maintenance screen comes up. Now be carefull. You can screw stuff up (like your engine software) if you're careless. Scroll down to the reset option and select that. This will give an option to reset mileage since last maintenance. After reset you can back out or simply use the trigger switch to turn the Boom Box off. This is also a second way to view and clear DTCs. I had to try several times to get into maintenance mode, so be patient. It does work.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
There's got to be a way to rest it without going to the dealer. If not that's some BS, unless they aren't going to charge me to do it...:serious:
I can't believe they would design the system where the owner can't reset the service reminder. If they did, it's fucking ridiculous.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1) turn Off the Ignition
2)wait 15 seconds
3)turn on acc
5)Select Reset
6)Select mileage reset
7)Select Yes

What on line manual did you find this one in?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Has anyone tried to reset the system themselves using either of the two methods in this thread ? If so let everyone know if it worked.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Has anyone tried to reset the system themselves using either of the two methods in this thread ? If so let everyone know if it worked.
According to two different guys on "the other message board" it does in fact work. I'm still a couple hundred miles from and oil change...and weather is not cooperating.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
1) turn Off the Ignition
2)wait 15 seconds
3)turn on acc
5)Select Reset
6)Select mileage reset
7)Select Yes
This definitely doesn't work on the GTS. This is for the older radio.

I messed with this a bit today and couldn't get the radio in maintenance mode. Still trying. Will update if I can get it to work.

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
This definitely doesn't work on the GTS. This is for the older radio.

I messed with this a bit today and couldn't get the radio in maintenance mode. Still trying. Will update if I can get it to work.
This worked on my 2018 but we don't have a "Mileage since Last Service" odometer so there was nothing to reset there. There was a plethora of other settings though and yes it also had the DTC's and you could clear those there if needed.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
This worked on my 2018 but we don't have a "Mileage since Last Service" odometer so there was nothing to reset there. There was a plethora of other settings though and yes it also had the DTC's and you could clear those there if needed.
Yes it worked on the GT 6.5. Problem with the new GTS radio is there is no actual ON/OFF/MUTE button to push before start up. So you can't hold anything or push anything until the radio starts up because you can't see it.

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
Yes it worked on the GT 6.5. Problem with the new GTS radio is there is no actual ON/OFF/MUTE button to push before start up. So you can't hold anything or push anything until the radio starts up because you can see it.

Understood. I was just speaking about the previous models. I would bet there is probably a way to do this for the GTS and it probably involves the switches on the handlebars. HD will say that you have to use Digital Tech but they've always had a manual way for things as a back up that they don't make public knowledge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 37 Posts