Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to clean up my wiring on my bike this winter and I have too many wires running straight to my battery. I did a search on here, but every link in the one previous thread I found were now not working. So, what is everyone using for a distribution block for both pos and neg? I do not need switched and I would like it to fit under the seat, so compact is the key.

Is something like this taking a gamble? https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07DYT2TVS/?coliid=I1CKJ74XLYNIT&colid=8H3FQC2G6HYN&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

·
Registered
344 Posts
I am going to clean up my wiring on my bike this winter and I have too many wires running straight to my battery. I did a search on here, but every link in the one previous thread I found were now not working. So, what is everyone using for a distribution block for both pos and neg? I do not need switched and I would like it to fit under the seat, so compact is the key.

Is something like this taking a gamble? https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07DYT2TVS/?coliid=I1CKJ74XLYNIT&colid=8H3FQC2G6HYN&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it
Doesn’t look like it would be much of a gamble. If you have about 3.5” x 3.5” x 1.5” of space it looks like a solid idea. I look forward to seeing your end results. I’m a bit of a clean wiring nut myself, so I can fully appreciate the desire to have everything cleanly routed and terminated. I’ve literally spent days routing wires and making professional grade wiring harnesses for my accessories. The fact that no one will ever see the wiring is not the point... I see it and the little details matter to me.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I have the bigger version of the block you posted for an offroad vehicle. it works good for both positive and negative. As BlueJob says, I'm looking forward to see what you come up with too.

·
Registered
515 Posts
You can do it easily for about $30.00. Get a six way mini fuse block like this:
  1. Run your unswitched hot (+) from the hot side of your starter solenoid using an inline fused 20A lead.
  2. Run that to a diode protected relay terminal #30.. Trigger the relay from a switched source on the bike.
  3. Run a ground from a frame bolt. Use for multiple grounds.
  4. Run the (+) output #87 to the fuse block. This all fits under your seat nicely.

Attachments

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was talking to my Indie the other night (he's a good friend of mine), he suggested that I take the winter and run a few of my wiring needs through unused fuse blocks already available on the bike. I'm a natural blonde, had not even considered this prior, but there are indeed a few things that I can live with being switched, so I will go this rout for a few things and then look at any need for a block or not.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Make sure you do not use the clean grounds on the frame for adding accessories. Clean grounds can be identified by having black/green wires routed to them. Just a little tidbit of info I can offer you, otherwise the added power center looks like a solid idea. I'm interested in seeing the end result.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Make sure you do not use the clean grounds on the frame for adding accessories. Clean grounds can be identified by having black/green wires routed to them. Just a little tidbit of info I can offer you, otherwise the added power center looks like a solid idea. I'm interested in seeing the end result.
Interesting? When did HD introduce the clean earthing system? I'm assuming that the "Clean earth" is for the EMC, infosat and other electronics on the bike; and the dirty earth (normal earthing) is for ignition, lights, etc...

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Interesting? When did HD introduce the clean earthing system? I'm assuming that the "Clean earth" is for the EMC, infosat and other electronics on the bike; and the dirty earth (normal earthing) is for ignition, lights, etc...
I'm not sure when exactly they started using them.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was looking at this again the other day and many of my blank fuses on the bike do not have the metal blades inside the block to accept a fuse, so I ordered the distribution block and will see if I can make it fit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts