Road Glide banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not one to stir the pot or take cheap shots at the MOCO but this is too good. I have a friend that refuses to see the light, who still rides a bat and has more money than brains. Seems he bought an '15 ultra limited (wet head) that only had the standard Rushmore infotainment system. He paid for them to upgrade it to the 6.5 BOOM! audio with nav and CB. The local dealer had to order the parts and let him drive off with the bike and a WE OWE for the tunes. Two weeks later they call him up and say the parts are in, bring in the bike and we'll install it. A week after he takes them the bike, they call to say all is done come get it. He gets the bike home and notices he still has only one antenna so he calls the dealer to bitch about the missing antenna and is asked "Was that part of the negotiated price?" WTF Let me see, I'm gonna pay for a CB without an antenna? After ridiculing the tech he gets the antenna installed. This was 5 months ago. So yesterday the wife and I go over to his house for a dry run prior to leaving for Sturgis this month to set up commo and go over the ride plan and as were trying to link up our CB's he says he can't hear me and can't find the PTT to use his.

I take a look at his bike and guess what else the dealer/MOCO forgot to install? Yep, no PTT/Squelch button on the right controls cluster! Now correct me if I'm wrong, Don't ultra limiteds come with CB/nav and intercom? I know my RG Ultra did. And if they do, how do you forget to install the freakin' control button on the handle bar controls cluster? We took it back to the dealer yesterday and the service writer was floored! I think his response was "How the f#@% did that happen." Which was my buddies response as well! Oh well, long story short, He's getting it squared away on Monday and we'll do another dry run next weekend. Man, do they have like mandatory weed breaks at the factory? if so, and if this is the level of quality control, maybe when I go totally blind, I can become a final inspector there too!

·
Registered
853 Posts
Not one to stir the pot or take cheap shots at the MOCO but this is too good. I have a friend that refuses to see the light, who still rides a bat and has more money than brains. Seems he bought an '15 ultra limited (wet head) that only had the standard Rushmore infotainment system. He paid for them to upgrade it to the 6.5 BOOM! audio with nav and CB. The local dealer had to order the parts and let him drive off with the bike and a WE OWE for the tunes. Two weeks later they call him up and say the parts are in, bring in the bike and we'll install it. A week after he takes them the bike, they call to say all is done come get it. He gets the bike home and notices he still has only one antenna so he calls the dealer to bitch about the missing antenna and is asked "Was that part of the negotiated price?" WTF Let me see, I'm gonna pay for a CB without an antenna? After ridiculing the tech he gets the antenna installed. This was 5 months ago. So yesterday the wife and I go over to his house for a dry run prior to leaving for Sturgis this month to set up commo and go over the ride plan and as were trying to link up our CB's he says he can't hear me and can't find the PTT to use his.

I take a look at his bike and guess what else the dealer/MOCO forgot to install? Yep, no PTT/Squelch button on the right controls cluster! Now correct me if I'm wrong, Don't ultra limiteds come with CB/nav and intercom? I know my RG Ultra did. And if they do, how do you forget to install the freakin' control button on the handle bar controls cluster? We took it back to the dealer yesterday and the service writer was floored! I think his response was "How the f#@% did that happen." Which was my buddies response as well! Oh well, long story short, He's getting it squared away on Monday and we'll do another dry run next weekend. Man, do they have like mandatory weed breaks at the factory? if so, and if this is the level of quality control, maybe when I go totally blind, I can become a final inspector there too!
I personally have seen to brand new tire mountings where the tire was installed backwards......if you can't get a simple tire change right what does that say for the rest of your services?:eek:

·
Registered
852 Posts
I think CB became an option on the Rushmore bikes so it was probably a dealer oversight rather than a factory screw-up. It's rare to find a dealership with competent people behind the parts and service desk with any brand these days. I deal daily with a local Dodge parts department and unless I have my own part numbers it's a crap shoot.

·
Registered
393 Posts
The limited does come with all that. I have one presently.

Sounds like he got an Ultra (non-wethead).

·
Registered
641 Posts
Sounds like he got an Ultra Classic. It comes with the standard radio and no CB, etc. The Ultra Limited comes with everything. My wife has an Ultra Limited and it came with CB, NAV, etc, etc, etc.

·
Registered
440 Posts
The whole thing is a puzzle to me. I thought the Limited comes with all that.
Sounds like he got an Ultra Classic. It comes with the standard radio and no CB, etc. The Ultra Limited comes with everything. My wife has an Ultra Limited and it came with CB, NAV, etc, etc, etc.
I thought the ultras all came standard with cb. when did that change?
The second sentence, the OP states the guy bought a "'15 ultra limited (wet head)", so it seems they either made an assembly mistake, or there are different options on the Limited bikes.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Does anyone else think that having a CB is a little out dated? Today's smart phones and blue tooth capabilities are so much more advanced. But hey I took the stereo off mine so I would have another glove box.

·
Registered
96 Posts
What do the terms "wethead" and "non wethead" mean? Can someone please enlighten me? And by the way...HD did away with CB'S and CDs on the new bikes...including the Limited. Infotainment center does not have that as an option.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
What do the terms "wethead" and "non wethead" mean? Can someone please enlighten me? And by the way...HD did away with CB'S and CDs on the new bikes...including the Limited. Infotainment center does not have that as an option.

The "TwinCooled" bikes are the ones we refer to as "Wetheads".

BTW, our '15 CVO is a wethead, rides MUCH cooler IMO than the non-wetheads.
If you get a chance, take one for an extended ride, you know, just for "education" purposes ;). I'm sure you'll notice the difference between the 15 and yours.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.