Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
Well I had made plans on coming to SW IV and was going to have a blast driving across this great country of ours. I had saved the money for the trip and the wife had taken the time off work. I had bought a J&M CB radio to install on the wife's CVO SoftTail and was getting stuff all set to go on this trip. The I had the rug pulled out from under me.

On 1 Aug the day before we were suppose to leave on our trip instead of the wife coming home from being gone for work I get a knock on the door and was served with divorce papers. So now I am going to miss another year of SW. So I am going to make this pledge now that I will do everything in my power to be at next years SW. I hope everyone has a great time this year and really wish I could be there. So I will have to wait until next year to meet all of you.

Best wishes and keep the dirty side down. Let's hope we do not have any of our fellow members hurt this year like last year.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Sorry you are having to go through this; I had a similar situation (wasn't going to shark week but was leaving for a trip to Europe)Moshe 15 years ago. It takes a while but life becomes normal again. All we can hope is the new normal is better than the old normal..she make take your moeny and take your toys and other possessions just don't let her take your sanity.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Been there, done that. Sucks when your going through it. Once the smoke clears and you can think straight, life goes on just fine. Turn the page and new chapter.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Guys thanks and Group yours fits just great.

This isn't my first rodeo either and I know I will get thru it and there is life after. I just wasn't expecting this and was really looking forward to the 6,000+ mile trip plus getting to meet all my fellow Road Gliders. Once things settle down I'll even have extra money to spend on the bike I hope.

And there is always next year for SW right..............................

Thanks again

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
I feel you and wish you the best of luck. I recently finished tying up all the loose ends from divorce. Set me back about 250k but I survived and kept my bike but barely.

·
Registered
6,588 Posts
Bummer! You will get through it fine it just takes a little time.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Sorry to hear that man. Keep your sanity and focus on the freedom to come. And meeting new beautiful ladies. And riding whenever and wherever you want. Good luck and enjoy being unfettered.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
GlideShark,
You've hit the nail on the head right there. FREEDOM is the key and what is waiting for me. Now if I just had a booty call buddy I could go see when I had a itch I needed scratched................. I did before I got married this last time but she has moved away now.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sounds to me like you need a road trip right now more than ever.
I wish.............................I have my daughter so I can't just take off. She was going to go stay with Grandma while I came to SW but that was canceled.
I'll get some rides in once she starts school next month.

·
Registered
135 Posts
....Just went through similar issues. Dude, it's all about quality of life..Hang in there.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hang in there man! Keep your head up!

·
Administrator
12,452 Posts
Wow, that sucks, been there myself. Just remember to be patient and cordial, you'll make it through.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts