Road Glide banner

Dixxon Flannel

393K views 6K replies 143 participants last post by  twowheeladdict 
#1 ·
Who's wearing them? Favorite model or color? Anyone need a 12 Step program to kick Dixxon?

#4 ·
The only Dixxon shirt I have is this one.

Textile Sleeve Tire Font Pattern

Spotted it from 20 feet away in a rack of shirts at Unclaimed Baggage. Only saw the sleeve but knew what I was looking at.

My Flannel shirt is by Oxford and is fully lined with Kevlar and armored.

#6 ·
I began collecting some a while back. Ended up with 7 shirts. Then lost some extra weight and suddenly they were too baggy on me. So now I'm in the process of selling them and replacing with size medium.

From a quality standpoint they are built about as good as it ever gets. Mine are rather normal colors and I mostly wear them as everyday shirts...not necessarily biker wear. My wife has 4 of them and her friends are always asking her where she got 'that' shirt.

#12 ·
I love my Dixxon shirts, I'm wearing one right now. I have a few favourites, the one I get compliments on a lot is a newer model - Infectious Grooves; I liked the band, but the colours are great. Another is my Mcaffery, which is a green tight plaid with snap buttons - which are easy to do up or undo while riding. I pick and choose which style I like, I think I am up to about 7 or 8 now.

#15 ·
For 25 years I've been buying LL Bean and other 'good' flannel shirts costing from $40 to $60 on average. They don't remotely compare to the quality of my Dixxon shirts. I have no doubt the Dixxon will last twice as long and look better doing it.

Some of my favorites: The Godfrey, The Adamantium, Something Obscene, The Klock, The Fist, Adam's Polishes, and The Brawler. Wife just landed The Misfits and The Eagle.

#16 ·
Bevis should be chiming in here soon. I think his entire wardrobe is work uniforms and Dixxon Flannels. I have to say that his latest one which if I remember correctly was on the darker side but had some bright orange or reddish-orange through the plaid. I usually don't pay attention to what anyone is wearing (OK, maybe some attractive women) but that shirt caught my eye when he wore it to our recent Meet and Greet.

#70 ·
okay… I’m a Dixxon addict. Flannels and the Bamboo Short Sleeve. Haven’t counted how many I have, but it’s a lot. Trying to get @Firetech addicted 😂
Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Sky

Tartan Mouth Plaid Beard Pattern

#29 · (Edited)
I have the (2) S&S Branded Dixxon's......about the best pieces of clothing I own in terms of overall quality and comfort

Some (most) of their stuff is ... "too dark" if that makes sense
Don't fret, I hear they're coming out with some pink ones soon!

#24 ·
I learned pretty fast about sellouts. With the popular releases you either get to the barn early or the hay is gone. I actually reject 90% of their flannel releases, just looking for the ones that really grab me. And I'm not inclined to buy the crazier colors. What I don't really like is all the resellers who buy up the new releases just to flip them on Ebay for big profits. $59 shirts priced at well over $200 (for some) and they actually do sell.

Snaps or buttons? I prefer buttons but I'm okay with snaps.

#26 ·
I learned pretty fast about sellouts. With the popular releases you either get to the barn early or the hay is gone. I actually reject 90% of their flannel releases, just looking for the ones that really grab me. And I'm not inclined to buy the crazier colors. What I don't really like is all the resellers who buy up the new releases just to flip them on Ebay for big profits. $59 shirts priced at well over $200 (for some) and they actually do sell.

Snaps or buttons? I prefer buttons but I'm okay with snaps.
My local Harley dealer always gets a large batch of most of the basic colour options: red, black, blue. My friend wanted a Canadian only shirt they offered but was sold out in 2 hours, but I found it at the shop a few weeks later.

#30 · (Edited)
As always, I guess this forum is good at spending our money on all things motorcycle, and clothing.
I do my best shopping when in a hotel after a beer….S..
I snagged up the Infectious Grooves and West Coast Customs.
looking forward to them after all the comments.
My flannel stock is mostly a collection of the rugged cabelas over the past 15 years. They are kinda shitty quality now there..
I’ve ripped them out in the brush and taken them to cabelas and exchanged. No questions . I think they ran in the 50$ range.

I did pick up two at a tractor supply..or equivalent, in NM. Different pattern I didn’t have. Nice shirts for the price. Broke in well after a few washings. Rugged.

#31 ·
I do my level best to not buy imported anything. So I have no Dixon flannels. They're an importer. Not a manufacturer. I shop for most of my clothes on Allamericanclothing.com and Dearborn denim. There's a few others. UT every type of what you need. Can be got. Made in America.