Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
6,260 Posts
The only Dixxon shirt I have is this one.

Textile Sleeve Tire Font Pattern

Spotted it from 20 feet away in a rack of shirts at Unclaimed Baggage. Only saw the sleeve but knew what I was looking at.

My Flannel shirt is by Oxford and is fully lined with Kevlar and armored.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I began collecting some a while back. Ended up with 7 shirts. Then lost some extra weight and suddenly they were too baggy on me. So now I'm in the process of selling them and replacing with size medium.

From a quality standpoint they are built about as good as it ever gets. Mine are rather normal colors and I mostly wear them as everyday shirts...not necessarily biker wear. My wife has 4 of them and her friends are always asking her where she got 'that' shirt.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My wife actually bought the one that started it all. I'd never heard of them until she got one at a dealership. About 6 months later she ordered one that didn't fit. It was $59 and I sold it on Ebay for $129 without even trying. The listing lasted about 3 hours.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I traded messages with a guy on Ebay. He said he had over 50 Dixxon shirts and was planning to sell many of them so he could make room for more. That ain't me....I only buy them to wear them.

·
Premium Member
2018 FLTRX
759 Posts
Yea.. I guess my inner flannel god has failed me. I have an ass load, but never heard of Dixxon.
Since I hit the road in the four wheeler with the lab and have a room, beers…. Let the shopping begin.
Hope all has a great Thanks Giving.

·
Administrator
2008 FLTRU 105th Anniversary w/ 110"
2,732 Posts
I love my Dixxon shirts, I'm wearing one right now. I have a few favourites, the one I get compliments on a lot is a newer model - Infectious Grooves; I liked the band, but the colours are great. Another is my Mcaffery, which is a green tight plaid with snap buttons - which are easy to do up or undo while riding. I pick and choose which style I like, I think I am up to about 7 or 8 now.

·
Super Moderator
9,969 Posts
My Favorite is “The Bixby” but I do like and wear every one I have. All but one have the snap buttons which I really like.
There are no comparison to Dixxon’s in My Book. Best Flannel Shirts I have ever worn.
Mike U.

·
Registered
6,260 Posts
My wife actually bought the one that started it all. I'd never heard of them until she got one at a dealership. About 6 months later she ordered one that didn't fit. It was $59 and I sold it on Ebay for $129 without even trying. The listing lasted about 3 hours.
I guess I scored well getting mine at unclaimed baggage for $25. Appeared to have never been warn or through the wash. Some traveler wasn't happy that's for sure.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
For 25 years I've been buying LL Bean and other 'good' flannel shirts costing from $40 to $60 on average. They don't remotely compare to the quality of my Dixxon shirts. I have no doubt the Dixxon will last twice as long and look better doing it.

Some of my favorites: The Godfrey, The Adamantium, Something Obscene, The Klock, The Fist, Adam's Polishes, and The Brawler. Wife just landed The Misfits and The Eagle.

·
Shark of the Month October 13
10,286 Posts
Bevis should be chiming in here soon. I think his entire wardrobe is work uniforms and Dixxon Flannels. I have to say that his latest one which if I remember correctly was on the darker side but had some bright orange or reddish-orange through the plaid. I usually don't pay attention to what anyone is wearing (OK, maybe some attractive women) but that shirt caught my eye when he wore it to our recent Meet and Greet.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
I guess I scored well getting mine at unclaimed baggage for $25. Appeared to have never been warn or through the wash. Some traveler wasn't happy that's for sure.
The Party Shirts, which that is, are only $39 new. Still a new shirt. The Flannels are $59 for the ones with the snaps and $49 with buttons.

·
Registered
7,744 Posts
I have the (2) S&S Branded Dixxon's......about the best pieces of clothing I own in terms of overall quality and comfort

Some (most) of their stuff is a bit too "loud" for me or even "too dark" if that makes sense

1 - 20 of 73 Posts