Road Glide banner

Dixxon Flannel

393K views 6K replies 143 participants last post by  twowheeladdict 
#1 ·
Who's wearing them? Favorite model or color? Anyone need a 12 Step program to kick Dixxon?

Discussion starter · #6 ·
I began collecting some a while back. Ended up with 7 shirts. Then lost some extra weight and suddenly they were too baggy on me. So now I'm in the process of selling them and replacing with size medium.

From a quality standpoint they are built about as good as it ever gets. Mine are rather normal colors and I mostly wear them as everyday shirts...not necessarily biker wear. My wife has 4 of them and her friends are always asking her where she got 'that' shirt.

Discussion starter · #8 ·
My wife actually bought the one that started it all. I'd never heard of them until she got one at a dealership. About 6 months later she ordered one that didn't fit. It was $59 and I sold it on Ebay for $129 without even trying. The listing lasted about 3 hours.

Discussion starter · #15 ·
For 25 years I've been buying LL Bean and other 'good' flannel shirts costing from $40 to $60 on average. They don't remotely compare to the quality of my Dixxon shirts. I have no doubt the Dixxon will last twice as long and look better doing it.

Some of my favorites: The Godfrey, The Adamantium, Something Obscene, The Klock, The Fist, Adam's Polishes, and The Brawler. Wife just landed The Misfits and The Eagle.

Discussion starter · #24 ·
I learned pretty fast about sellouts. With the popular releases you either get to the barn early or the hay is gone. I actually reject 90% of their flannel releases, just looking for the ones that really grab me. And I'm not inclined to buy the crazier colors. What I don't really like is all the resellers who buy up the new releases just to flip them on Ebay for big profits. $59 shirts priced at well over $200 (for some) and they actually do sell.

Snaps or buttons? I prefer buttons but I'm okay with snaps.

Discussion starter · #46 ·
Well I think...by the time I get my too-big Dixxon shirts replaced...I'm going to have about 8 of them in the correct size. That's enough for darned sure. I wear them a lot for casual dress as well as riding.

We were in an Eddie Bauer store today and I examined the flannel shirts there. I'm not sure they rate 2 stars out of 5. Compared to a Dixxon they are rags.

Discussion starter · #51 ·
It's hard as hell to find my size in stock. You almost gotta be awake 0500 commiefornia time to get a flannel. I even get the emails and can't get online fast enough to order a 2xl.
I know your pain. I recall being on their website when a certain shirt release went live. I wanted 2 shirts in that release. A glitch with PayPal held up my purchase by about 1-2 minutes. In that amount of time several sizes (including the 2 I wanted) sold out. In 15 minutes the entire release was sold out.

I read that the originator of Dixxon sold shirts out of his trunk and from his home for a couple years. The company did about 20 million dollars in 2019.

Discussion starter · #60 ·
I like these Dixon Flannel Shirts so much I just ordered another.
Found a “Stay Gold” on Sale and in Stock.
Mike U.
:coffee:

I almost picked up a 'Stay Gold' but I need another flannel ....well....not. That one was a great price at $29.95. Nice catch. (y)

Whatever the exact fabric, Dixxon flannels (current models anyway) are a polyester blend. They wash up nice and stay in better shape than a mostly cotton flannel. They also wear like iron for me. My LL Bean and Carhartt flannels are good shirts but they aren't on the level of Dixxon imo.

Just yesterday I sold my 1+ year old 'Brawler' (size L) for $10 more than I paid for it. Already replaced it with a medium size. I'm glad I lost the weight, but it pains me to sell my nice shirts. I still can't fathom seeing Dixxon shirts for $180 to $250 each on Ebay. I'd have to want a shirt pretty bad in order to pay 3-5x normal retail. I'm looking for a 'Fat Daddy' for my wife for Christmas. She isn't fat at 135 by the way, lol.

Discussion starter · #65 · (Edited)
If you sign up for their emails they'll notify you of upcoming shirt 'drops'. Most drops happen at 5PM Pacific / 8PM Eastern time. Be there (on their site) when a drop goes live and you can get a shirt without much hassle. That's how I bought all of mine. Just don't turn into one of those guys who has 50 Dixxon shirts in a couple years. Or worse....one of the creeps who buys extra shirts specifically to resell for a big markup.

Tartan Textile Sleeve Orange Purple

Orange Font Wood Flooring Publication

Discussion starter · #98 ·
I prefer to buy Dixxon shirts directly from Dixxon, but sometimes it doesn't work out. I had my eye on a V-Twin Visionary flannel on ebay and made the seller an offer (as invited by the listing). No reply at all. After 10 days I made the offer again...and again no reply. So mildly annoyed, I decided 'screw it....I'll watch for a different shirt'. The same shirt, same size, different seller popped up today. Brand new in the bag and listed at quite a bit less than what I offered the first seller. And of course, you know what I did...
Carnivore Organism Fox Dog breed Fawn

Discussion starter · #106 ·
Another one Dropping tonight (45 mins) Missed the one last night due to responding to a vehicle crash.
I blew it. Had too much moose roast at dinner and fell asleep while sitting on the sofa. Missed the 'Big Iron' shirt drop tonight. Damn...that's one I wanted but sold out completely. Blaming it on my wife's too-good kitchen skills.

Discussion starter · #108 · (Edited)
I dropped in on the Brownell's website this morning and was able to buy the 'Big Iron' (Dixxon) shirt at the same $60 price. I sometimes forget about checking inventory at other sites when a collaborative shirt is done. It paid off this time. There are already 18 of these listed on ebay and they're trying to get $100 - $125 each.

I really don't know why I need a $60 flannel but guess what? You clowns got me to buy one.
Plant Grass Wood Handwriting Adaptation