Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
7,737 Posts
Quite often, their new designs will sell out quickly, like within hours sometimes. Then, you wait to see what they come out with next - usually in a few weeks or so.
I had to unsubscribe to their mailing list....its addicting as part of me always says "just fuckin buy it" but then I have to pause and step away

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
I have 6 of them, and they are some of the most comfortable and most durable shirts I’ve owned. They are great for cool/cold weather riding. I’ve got a black/pick, a couple blue/gray, a couple of reds. They are worth every penny I’ve spent on them.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I learned pretty fast about sellouts. With the popular releases you either get to the barn early or the hay is gone. I actually reject 90% of their flannel releases, just looking for the ones that really grab me. And I'm not inclined to buy the crazier colors. What I don't really like is all the resellers who buy up the new releases just to flip them on Ebay for big profits. $59 shirts priced at well over $200 (for some) and they actually do sell.

Snaps or buttons? I prefer buttons but I'm okay with snaps.

·
Administrator
2008 FLTRU 105th Anniversary w/ 110"
2,709 Posts
I learned pretty fast about sellouts. With the popular releases you either get to the barn early or the hay is gone. I actually reject 90% of their flannel releases, just looking for the ones that really grab me. And I'm not inclined to buy the crazier colors. What I don't really like is all the resellers who buy up the new releases just to flip them on Ebay for big profits. $59 shirts priced at well over $200 (for some) and they actually do sell.

Snaps or buttons? I prefer buttons but I'm okay with snaps.
My local Harley dealer always gets a large batch of most of the basic colour options: red, black, blue. My friend wanted a Canadian only shirt they offered but was sold out in 2 hours, but I found it at the shop a few weeks later.

·
Super Moderator
9,950 Posts
Believe it or not, I purchase all My Dixxon's directly from them. This way I know I'm not buying a knockoff.
They are very quick to ship and always send me texts and emails to notify me of new additions.
I have My Bixby on right now.
I really prefer the snaps, a lot easier for me.
Mike U.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Believe it or not, I purchase all My Dixxon's directly from them. This way I know I'm not buying a knockoff.
They are very quick to ship and always send me texts and emails to notify me of new additions.
Mike U.
This is exactly how I buy mine. Nothing easier than shopping from the sofa.

·
Shark of the Month October 13
10,282 Posts
I have the (2) S&S Branded Dixxon's......about the best pieces of clothing I own in terms of overall quality and comfort

Some (most) of their stuff is ... "too dark" if that makes sense
Don't fret, I hear they're coming out with some pink ones soon!

·
Premium Member
2018 FLTRX
739 Posts
As always, I guess this forum is good at spending our money on all things motorcycle, and clothing.
I do my best shopping when in a hotel after a beer….S..
I snagged up the Infectious Grooves and West Coast Customs.
looking forward to them after all the comments.
My flannel stock is mostly a collection of the rugged cabelas over the past 15 years. They are kinda shitty quality now there..
I’ve ripped them out in the brush and taken them to cabelas and exchanged. No questions . I think they ran in the 50$ range.

I did pick up two at a tractor supply..or equivalent, in NM. Different pattern I didn’t have. Nice shirts for the price. Broke in well after a few washings. Rugged.

·
Premium Member
2019 RGS
5,067 Posts
I do my level best to not buy imported anything. So I have no Dixon flannels. They're an importer. Not a manufacturer. I shop for most of my clothes on Allamericanclothing.com and Dearborn denim. There's a few others. UT every type of what you need. Can be got. Made in America.

·
Premium Member
2018 FLTRX
739 Posts
I do my level best to not buy imported anything. So I have no Dixon flannels. They're an importer. Not a manufacturer. I shop for most of my clothes on Allamericanclothing.com and Dearborn denim. There's a few others. UT every type of what you need. Can be got. Made in America.
Cool sites. Thanks John.

·
Registered
6,252 Posts
The Party Shirts, which that is, are only $39 new. Still a new shirt. The Flannels are $59 for the ones with the snaps and $49 with buttons.
Considering that after I bought it I checked their web site and they were discontinued, I still got a good deal. The photo I copied from eBay was of a shirt they were asking $80 for. LOL!

·
Administrator
2008 FLTRU 105th Anniversary w/ 110"
2,709 Posts
Typed on your American-made cell phone/computer with your all-American Harley without any import parts, or course. Hoo rah. My Dixxon says Tempe AZ on it, so their cash lands close to home.

·
Premium Member
2019 RGS
5,067 Posts
Like I said. I do my level best. But go ahead. Just point out the obvious. Lol.

• Haha
Reactions: Zedbra

·
Registered
6,252 Posts
Personally, I would rather pay a little more for protection added to the shirt.

This one would go with my bike pretty well. Kevlar lined and fully armored.

Jeans Outerwear White Dress shirt Sports gear

I personally own the Oxford Kickback shirt with D3O Armor that is shared between multiple shirts/jackets

21 - 40 of 54 Posts