Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
521 - 540 of 771 Posts

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
So this threads got enough attention and my money. Now I need to know about this special Steamer you’ve mentioned. My Wife … I mean I need to do some laundry. If you want it done right sometimes you’ve gotta do it yourself.
Kenny,
This is the one I got. I was a little skeptical when I first ordered it but it works great.
Amazon.com
I also keep a lint/fabric shaver around. These shirts by no means get that bad, but I like to keep my stuff fresh.
I figured I’d post it here on case anyone else was interested.

·
Registered
7,890 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,591 Posts
Kenny,
This is the one I got. I was a little skeptical when I first ordered it but it works great.
Amazon.com
I also keep a lint/fabric shaver around. These shirts by no means get that bad, but I like to keep my stuff fresh.
I figured I’d post it here on case anyone else was interested.
Thank you very much. I’ll check it out and rummage through the Wife’s sewing room for a fabric shaver lol. I have noticed a few loose threads but used a pair of scissors. I saved some time and asked, she doesn’t have a fabric shaver but of course said she needs one.

Reactions: Mike U

·
Super Moderator
10,288 Posts
Why’d this damn shirt hafta have snaps!
LMAO 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣!!!!
Mike U.

·
Registered
7,890 Posts
Colors, Buttons, Snaps and Steamers aside......one thing about these damn flannels is...they fit me like a glove and are just fuckin comfortable.....whether I ever wear them riding or not - Tried a bunch prior to.....LL Bean, Duluth, Eddie Bauer, Carhardt, etc etc....the Dixxon in Med just whoops 'em all for me

·
Super Moderator
10,288 Posts
Colors, Buttons, Snaps and Steamers aside......one thing about these damn flannels is...they fit me like a glove and are just fuckin comfortable.....whether I ever wear them riding or not - Tried a bunch prior to.....LL Bean, Duluth, Eddie Bauer, Carhardt, etc etc....the Dixxon in Med just whoops 'em all for me
Right On Amigo!
Best Damn Shirts I’ve ever owned.
Mike U.

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
To SOA for me, same reason I never wear Van tennis shoes when I ride. What ever floats your boat I guess. They are a very well made shirt, we rocked OG Penaltons in the 70s.

·
Administrator
12,344 Posts
Never watched SOA , know nuthin' about it , so apparently no loss there //

Will say the Dixxon appears to be a lot better quality fit then others I have had , material seems heavier and better quality as well ..

JtB

·
Registered
7,890 Posts
I'll be a witness to that! Tough as nails and good looking too.
I made the mistake of going to eBay and looking at all the past designs that are no longer on the web site - Some of the mark ups are crazy....some, not bad at all....some pretty cool designs I never knew existed ......The Griswald and The Garth.....just what you would expect them to be

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
I made the mistake of going to eBay and looking at all the past designs that are no longer on the web site - Some of the mark ups are crazy....some, not bad at all....some pretty cool designs I never knew existed ......The Griswald and The Garth.....just what you would expect them to be
LOL. I just wore my Garth last week.

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Eyeing "The Doohan" as he is a national treasure in AZ and one of my all time fav GP Riders
I have a bunch of the other “uniform series”, but not Griswald or McCalister. Didn’t care for those two. Didn’t get the Doohan either, those are all relatively new and I had started cutting way back by then.
Now I only get the ones that I REALLY like, unless there is a hood sale. Then I get a bunch I kinda like and won’t catch as much flack. 😜

·
Registered
7,890 Posts
Now I only get the ones that I REALLY like,
I bought my (2) S&S Runs a while back and thought, "Have my Red,Have My Blue"....then saw "The Gift" for $40 and finally "Had My Black" and never gave them much thought after that until this winter when I began wearing them more off the bike - This past riding season went from 'Cold & Need a Jacket' to "Too Hot for anything but a Tee" so I never gave them much wear - Then came The Otto (on sale for $20) , West Coast Custom (Now prob my fav) & Hurricane (Love me some Bob Hanna)"

For a while, all their stuff seemed very "Dark" and not really my cup-a-joe.....The Gift was a stretch for me but was only $40 - The Griswold, Garth & Doohan are my kinda plaid and I dig the Deebo too but that one is too close to the other Blues I have....trying to spread the wings a bit in terms of selection

521 - 540 of 771 Posts