Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
41 - 60 of 769 Posts

·
Registered
6,520 Posts
I do my level best to not buy imported anything. So I have no Dixon flannels. They're an importer. Not a manufacturer. I shop for most of my clothes on Allamericanclothing.com and Dearborn denim. There's a few others. UT every type of what you need. Can be got. Made in America.
You should also check out Diamond Gusset Jeans. Diamond Gusset Jeans - Diamond Gusset They are made in the USA.

There is a clothing factory area near the mountains in northeast Alabama. The majority of the workers are not US born, or citizens. So not really keeping jobs here when the workers are imported.

In Madison County, AL there is a DVD manufacturing plant that brings in foreign temp workers.

The lines are so blurred these days. My Nissan Titan Truck is more "Made in America" than a Chevy Truck, unless you consider "Made in America" to include Mexico and Canada.

Many tourist destinations bring in temp work visa folks from other countries. We stopped in at Wall Drugs and all the workers were brought in from Croatia for the season. The tourist shops on the Florida Gulf Coast were mostly eastern Europeans as well.

·
Premium Member
2019 RGS
5,131 Posts
Ya. Chevy is off my list of what I'd buy new. I just picked up a used Ram. Owned by Fiat. We cannot control everything. If you go on Allamericanclothing.com you'll see the history and the farms where the cotton is sourced and where it's made into denim. Then made into jeans. Each pair of jeans comes with a trace number that give specifics. If I'm aware of any companies using illegal labor. I would never buy their product. I'm not rich by any means. But I do my best to support our economy not a foreign one. Have not shopped in Walmart in over 20 years. Ya. I have an Advanblack fender. And a Samsung galaxy Z fold 3. But when Motorola made a smartphone in the USA. I went right out and bought it. Those cargo ships on the coast of Kalifornia. Did not have an impact on my life. I'm not criticizing anyone here for their choices. But to absolutely dismiss trying to buy American with your blah blah blah isnt American as an argument. Ya. Shows you're a bit defensive. And not you specifically. Just in general arguments I gets as to why they do not buy American. Theres part of the problem imo. I don't have the answers. Just what I think helps. Like I said. I don't have the answers. But to just point out what I'm typing on? Pretty much says it all.

·
Registered
6,520 Posts
Ya. Chevy is off my list of what I'd buy new. I just picked up a used Ram. Owned by Fiat. We cannot control everything. If you go on Allamericanclothing.com you'll see the history and the farms where the cotton is sourced and where it's made into denim. Then made into jeans. Each pair of jeans comes with a trace number that give specifics. If I'm aware of any companies using illegal labor. I would never buy their product. I'm not rich by any means. But I do my best to support our economy not a foreign one. Have not shopped in Walmart in over 20 years. Ya. I have an Advanblack fender. And a Samsung galaxy Z fold 3. But when Motorola made a smartphone in the USA. I went right out and bought it. Those cargo ships on the coast of Kalifornia. Did not have an impact on my life. I'm not criticizing anyone here for their choices. But to absolutely dismiss trying to buy American with your blah blah blah isnt American as an argument. Ya. Shows you're a bit defensive. And not you specifically. Just in general arguments I gets as to why they do not buy American. Theres part of the problem imo. I don't have the answers. Just what I think helps. Like I said. I don't have the answers. But to just point out what I'm typing on? Pretty much says it all.
Not defensive John. Just pointing out that the lines are blurred. What percentage of a product has to have American only labor and machinery used for it to be American enough. Even if we buy a billet part for our bikes made in a US based machine shop. Where did the raw material come from? Where did the machines and tools used by the business come from? Where did the computer packages used by the business come from?

Clothing industry. Cotton Farms. Sometimes the land is owned by foreigners. Sometimes the hired help are migrant workers from south of the border. Not illegal, but not Americans. Then there is all the different equipment and implements used to prepare the land, plant the crops, and harvest them. Then you have the Cotton Gins and the equipment used in them. Then you have the factories. Who are they owned by? Who is working in them? Where does all the equipment like sewing machines come from? On and On.

Is your goal to have as many lower to middle income Americans making a paycheck, or is it as many American businesses as possible? Or is it just as little as possible coming in on ships the measure of buy American.

·
Premium Member
2019 RGS
5,131 Posts
Not defensive John. Just pointing out that the lines are blurred. What percentage of a product has to have American only labor and machinery used for it to be American enough. Even if we buy a billet part for our bikes made in a US based machine shop. Where did the raw material come from? Where did the machines and tools used by the business come from? Where did the computer packages used by the business come from?

Clothing industry. Cotton Farms. Sometimes the land is owned by foreigners. Sometimes the hired help are migrant workers from south of the border. Not illegal, but not Americans. Then there is all the different equipment and implements used to prepare the land, plant the crops, and harvest them. Then you have the Cotton Gins and the equipment used in them. Then you have the factories. Who are they owned by? Who is working in them? Where does all the equipment like sewing machines come from? On and On.

Is your goal to have as many lower to middle income Americans making a paycheck, or is it as many American businesses as possible? Or is it just as little as possible coming in on ships the measure of buy American.
I didn't think you were being defensive at all. Just other comments seem that way. I appreciate the info about illegals in the American garment manufacturing. Never considered that end of it. My sister in law has an illegal boyfriend. They're not allowed at my house.

Like I said. I don't have the answers. But love to see Made in USA on what I buy hoping what I did kept a business open and a fellow American employed. I believe it needs to be 70% domestic to be labeled Made in America anything less needs labeled Assembled in America with foreign and Domestic parts. And if it's straight up Made over seas. Than it's imported.

Ford trucks I believe are the most American Made. But I hated my F150 and am not spending what I need to get another F350 dually. Lol. My washer and dryer say Made in USA on them.

My one dog is Mexican. But he gets a pass. Lol.

Sent from my SM-F926U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 RGS, FLTRXS that runs great out the gate. Added "jewelry" as some say
2,406 Posts
I didn't think you were being defensive at all. Just other comments seem that way. I appreciate the info about illegals in the American garment manufacturing. Never considered that end of it. My sister in law has an illegal boyfriend. They're not allowed at my house.

Like I said. I don't have the answers. But love to see Made in USA on what I buy hoping what I did kept a business open and a fellow American employed. I believe it needs to be 70% domestic to be labeled Made in America anything less needs labeled Assembled in America with foreign and Domestic parts. And if it's straight up Made over seas. Than it's imported.

Ford trucks I believe are the most American Made. But I hated my F150 and am not spending what I need to get another F350 dually. Lol. My washer and dryer say Made in USA on them.

My one dog is Mexican. But he gets a pass. Lol.

Sent from my SM-F926U using Tapatalk
Dogs probably illegal...

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Well I think...by the time I get my too-big Dixxon shirts replaced...I'm going to have about 8 of them in the correct size. That's enough for darned sure. I wear them a lot for casual dress as well as riding.

We were in an Eddie Bauer store today and I examined the flannel shirts there. I'm not sure they rate 2 stars out of 5. Compared to a Dixxon they are rags.

·
Administrator
2008 FLTRU 105th Anniversary w/ 110"
2,967 Posts
Not defensive John. Just pointing out that the lines are blurred. What percentage of a product has to have American only labor and machinery used for it to be American enough. Even if we buy a billet part for our bikes made in a US based machine shop. Where did the raw material come from? Where did the machines and tools used by the business come from?
All right, you two are on another dimension here with off-topic talk, but I will touch on I have seen vids on the fact that many products that are stamped "Made in USA" come shipped into the US with just enough labour to garnish that label - Edelbrock intakes was the example I saw. Poured, somewhat machined to completion, with just enough finishing work done in the Motherland to benefit from high fives and the unknown to the reality of the stamp. It happens everywhere. A lot. Those cargo ships do effect you, unbeknownst to you perhaps.

Well I think...by the time I get my too-big Dixxon shirts replaced...I'm going to have about 8 of them in the correct size. That's enough for darned sure. I wear them a lot for casual dress as well as riding.

We were in an Eddie Bauer store today and I examined the flannel shirts there. I'm not sure they rate 2 stars out of 5. Compared to a Dixxon they are rags.
Thank you for getting back on topic. I bloody well burnt an hole in my favourite Dixxon last night, was moving my arms around in stupid talk and my cherry from my smoke dropped down my back; I thought I may have dropped that into my coat/shirt area, asked my friend near-by that said 'nothing', but then I felt it. Lol. Time to buy another Dixxon.

·
Registered
406 Posts
It's hard as hell to find my size in stock. You almost gotta be awake 0500 commiefornia time to get a flannel. I even get the emails and can't get online fast enough to order a 2xl. I know they do pre release mentions on F#$%@&CE Book and Ins*&^%$#@gram but I got kicked off both those platforms for standing up for what I believe is Freedom of Speech.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I have only heard of Dixxon Flannel on this Forum. Being from Louisiana flannel is not needed much. Although there are the occasions. But I will say this. The info on Made in America. And the discussions you guys were having is absolutely enjoyable to follow.

Thanks for the information on Dixxon Flannel and the Made in America Discussion.

I'll try and check back when more options other than the green and white prison shirt

·
Registered
2020 RGS, FLTRXS that runs great out the gate. Added "jewelry" as some say
2,406 Posts
Their HQ is in Tempe, the source has already been beaten to death, either buy it or not...all i see anymore is "made in America with globally sourced parts/items/materials...blah, blah, blah...in regards to the actual dixon shirts topic, this is like an oil thread...LOL...funny reading like RGL mentions...

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
It's hard as hell to find my size in stock. You almost gotta be awake 0500 commiefornia time to get a flannel. I even get the emails and can't get online fast enough to order a 2xl.
I know your pain. I recall being on their website when a certain shirt release went live. I wanted 2 shirts in that release. A glitch with PayPal held up my purchase by about 1-2 minutes. In that amount of time several sizes (including the 2 I wanted) sold out. In 15 minutes the entire release was sold out.

I read that the originator of Dixxon sold shirts out of his trunk and from his home for a couple years. The company did about 20 million dollars in 2019.

·
Premium Member
2018 FLTRX
869 Posts
My wife has a Duluth Trading flannel that she was wearing yesterday while we were working the fences. It is thick and plush and she says it is her favorite.
I have a some Duluth products I bought for the thick CO rush. Good stuff. Also there long t-shirts for carry. Alll good guilty.

I did order a dark green flannel from the Allamericanclothing to replace the one my daughter stole from me at her wedding 2years ago. It was my fav. But what are you gonna tell your daughter when she asks.
She uses it for her winter coat in PHX.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I know your pain. I recall being on their website when a certain shirt release went live. I wanted 2 shirts in that release. A glitch with PayPal held up my purchase by about 1-2 minutes. In that amount of time several sizes (including the 2 I wanted) sold out. In 15 minutes the entire release was sold out.

I read that the originator of Dixxon sold shirts out of his trunk and from his home for a couple years. The company did about 20 million dollars in 2019.
Yeah if you look up Tales of a King on youtube he did a video interview with Dixxon owner. Cool dude if you like Vicla's and culture. He does some cool videos.

·
Registered
2019 fltru
938 Posts
Who's wearing them? Favorite model or color? Anyone need a 12 Step program to kick Dixxon?
i do not like flannels-i like some of my harley plaids,but i am selling all the harley stuff anyway.i looked thru the dixxon book,my son would like me,not so much

·
Registered
2008 fltr
5 Posts
Import/export. Not sure. Addiction? I do have a friend that has damn near every release. So maybe. Me personally I have 4 (I think)🤔...either way 4 is plenty I have more of a hoodie addiction. The older ones if you can find them are the best. Bamboo cotton blend and don't shrink. Also pretty tough. I don't have a Sunday's best so I need to be able to work (construction) and ride in what I wear. If you're on the taller side the xlT is a good fit. Those are the ones I have

·
Super Moderator
10,288 Posts
I like these Dixon Flannel Shirts so much I just ordered another.
Found a “Stay Gold” on Sale and in Stock.
Mike U.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Who's wearing them? Favorite model or color? Anyone need a 12 Step program to kick Dixxon?
I only have one. The leatherneck.(4x) love it but dieted my way out of it. and I am too cheap to by the smaller size.LOL

·
Registered
4 Posts
Got three... blk/blu is my fav, then yel/blk, wht/blk... good quality, perfect tall fit... but never seem to wear em tho... now that you reminded me haft to make it a point now it's getting colder here in the windy city... thanks

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
I like these Dixon Flannel Shirts so much I just ordered another.
Found a “Stay Gold” on Sale and in Stock.
Mike U.
:coffee:

I almost picked up a 'Stay Gold' but I need another flannel ....well....not. That one was a great price at $29.95. Nice catch. (y)

Whatever the exact fabric, Dixxon flannels (current models anyway) are a polyester blend. They wash up nice and stay in better shape than a mostly cotton flannel. They also wear like iron for me. My LL Bean and Carhartt flannels are good shirts but they aren't on the level of Dixxon imo.

Just yesterday I sold my 1+ year old 'Brawler' (size L) for $10 more than I paid for it. Already replaced it with a medium size. I'm glad I lost the weight, but it pains me to sell my nice shirts. I still can't fathom seeing Dixxon shirts for $180 to $250 each on Ebay. I'd have to want a shirt pretty bad in order to pay 3-5x normal retail. I'm looking for a 'Fat Daddy' for my wife for Christmas. She isn't fat at 135 by the way, lol.

41 - 60 of 769 Posts