Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Made some vent screens for th 2015 rg. Didn't want to spend the money and was thinking diy project. Cant be that hard right. Went to lowes and found some shiny metal by the outdoor grill s. The metal is used to cook on. It very thin. Think I paid $4.50. Made a copy of a friend s screen he ordered. But later on took my time cutting the edges. Here are some pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,395 Posts
Paint them black.

Why is that piece under the fairing crooked? Are you working on something else?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bike on a lift and the forks are turned. Looks wrong don't it. I saw that and had walk out to check also.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Made some vent screens for th 2015 rg. Didn't want to spend the money and was thinking diy project. Cant be that hard right. Went to lowes and found some shiny metal by the outdoor grill s. The metal is used to cook on. It very thin. Think I paid $4.50. Made a copy of a friend s screen he ordered. But later on took my time cutting the edges. Here are some pic.
that's pretty cool but I would go one step further if you haven't already. I would go the auto parts store and by some rubber door trim to run around the outside edges of your screen so it doesn't scratch up the sides of the vent housing. Also, like someone else mentioned they would look good black.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Now all we need is for someone to post a template so all us cheap asses can print it out and make our own. I like the idea of the door trim around it. So would you have to make it a little smaller to accommodate for the size of the trim?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Mickey what are you using to hold the screens in place?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You will have to pull the fairing off. Then remove two Allen that hold the black trim around the lights on. The trim and the outer fairing hold it. 100 mph down the turnpike. no problem.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Nice work. But I agree they would look better black. Would look much more subtle. They stand out too much shiny like that. But if you like it like that.

·
Registered
203 Posts
looks good...... will have to check out the install video. thanks for the tip!

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
If you could trace the dimension and shape and post or send as a pdf that would be awesome...hook some brothers up!

·
Registered
5,395 Posts
great! now i need one for the centre vent!! any ideas???
I made one of those also. Just haven't perfected it yet. Basically take your material, leave it about 1/2" long at the top and then roll the excess into the vent. Some double stick 3m emblem tape will keep the top from moving. The bottom fits in between the vent "cap" and the inner fairing.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts