Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure someone has already tried some version of their own adjustable windshield. Maybe one of you could give some of your experiences trying this. My idea, in theory at least, is using a stock custom windshield mounted on the fairing. Then taking a 10" LRS that I have and cutting an inch or so of the bottom. Then using a setup similar to headlight adjuster screws to adjust the distance between the two shields. Thinking along the same principle as the Madstad, but lower profile and with the flare design. On a side note, anybody got a thumbnail windshield. I knew I shouldn't have given mine away.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
454 Posts
Sorry but go for a Madstad

I think Madstad did experiment with a flaired type windshield but the combinations of the flip and wind passing underneath caused a lot of turbulence. I think it might be buried somewhere within the boards here.

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
I think the flip actually makes the buffeting worse.
Yes, it pushes the air over the rider, but it also increases the low pressure around the rider, drawing the turbulent air in from below.

·
Registered
654 Posts
I do not know if he is still here, but there was a member that went by the handle of Scooterdog, who made a windshield from a National Cycle wave shield and a Lamilar lip shield attached to the upper portion of the N.C. shield. He reported that it worked very well. He did however, convert to the very well known adjustable shield that seems fairly popular on this forum. I hope your endeavor is successful, and may be you can invent something that can bleed us all of a little more money and another unused windshield on the garage wall.:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts