Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back on my 2012 when everyone was ordering the parts off amazon I too ordered them and installed it and ran it for about 40K miles until I sold it. Anyways I haven't seen much talk of it and just curious what most folks running air ride are doing these days.

·
Registered
960 Posts
I think most people are buying kits these days. There are tons of companies that take those same shocks and reinforce the welds and install the correct bushings. I’ve ran several sets of the diy shocks, from ones i did to some of the reinforced ones. I finally broke down a couple years ago and bought a set of AIRFX shocks for my old 2012. I can’t even stress the night and day difference for the better. Adjustable rebound, rebuildable if needed but never had to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah. Interestingly enough I still have my air ride kit that I pulled off before I traded that old '12 in. Using the Monroe shocks. I did purchase all the real good fitting from grainger. I'll have to look at those AIRFX.

·
Registered
7,267 Posts
I agree with the previous post. I think people are buying "boxed" kits from places like dirty air as its just easier than buying everything separate. I pieced together my set for half the price of the box kits and I am still using them without any issues after 5 years

·
Registered
960 Posts
Yeah. Interestingly enough I still have my air ride kit that I pulled off before I traded that old '12 in. Using the Monroe shocks. I did purchase all the real good fitting from grainger. I'll have to look at those AIRFX.

The AIRFX are pricey but worth their weight on gold to me. When i ran the “Monroe” shocks i always felt like they bottomed out over big bumps. The AIRFX shocks felt like a pillow compared to them. I took them off when i sold my 2012 and plan on putting them on my 17 this winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts