Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I am getting ready to upgrade my 2017 Road Glide with a new Red Shift 468 Cam, S&S cam plate, pump, intake and pipes. My first question is, can I start it up before I take it for tune. Second, my dealer will sell me the license for a lot cheaper than buying the tuner, do I really need my own tuner? Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Registered
2019 RGS, Fullsac exhaust, S&S stealth AC, TTS tuner.
1,416 Posts
If all you plan on doing is riding a short distance from your house to the dealer then I would't worry about a tune for that, some may have a different opinion. However if you start feeling something funny pull over!!!
If you are not planning any other mods then I would say just pay for the license not the actual tuner. Again other opinions may differ.
Good luck with the install, and enjoy the upgrade.

·
Registered
9,108 Posts
What tuner is the dealer using ? Most dealers these day are held to epa compliance. If you buy your own tuner, the sky's the limit.
As said above, with those mods , starting won't hurt nothing, just might not run well.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Why don't you just get with Fuel Moto and buy the Power Vision for 399.99 and they will preload the map for you and if you ever want to change it or autotune it you have the flexibility to do it and not depend on any dealer or indie. I mean hell you already dropped the coin for all the right parts. What is the dealer going to charge you to tune? $200-$300? plus $200 for the license? You are better off just getting the PV and letting Fuel Moto handle the tuning. Seriously.

·
Registered
690 Posts
+1 with above, Fuel Moto has bundle discounts if you haven't bought the engine parts yet. Then it's ready to go when your done, fire it up and go!

·
Registered
4,989 Posts
Why don't you just get with Fuel Moto and buy the Power Vision for 399.99 and they will preload the map for you and if you ever want to change it or autotune it you have the flexibility to do it and not depend on any dealer or indie. I mean hell you already dropped the coin for all the right parts. What is the dealer going to charge you to tune? $200-$300? plus $200 for the license? You are better off just getting the PV and letting Fuel Moto handle the tuning. Seriously.
Plus 1 on this!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Map costs +$399.00 over the PV itself for a total of $798.00. And it's not tuned to my bike, just to the closest numbers based on my parts or another bike like mine. But from what I have read, the difference in bikes to include even the injectors can be quite a bit. Just going by what I have read and mechanics that I know. But I will look more into Fuel Moto and ask them some questions. Thanks again for the input.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Those numbers seem incorrect.
As stated above, check with fuelmoto.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Free ground shipping on most items over $99.00 (excludes exhaust systems, engines, & big bore kits) proceed to checkout for final (if any) shipping charges
ProductQtyPrice
Dynojet - Power Vision PV-2B Harley CAN
Dynojet - Power Vision PV-2B Harley CAN

(PV-2B)
Select Option Below:INCLUDE TARGET TUNE KIT (+$399.00)
NOTE: This product has the following shipping restriction(s):
  • Will not ship to California
Update Qty
Price: $948.95
Sale: $798.99
Total: $798.99
Enter Promotion Code Apply Promotion Code
Subtotal:$798.99
Total:$798.99
Starting at $73/mo with Affirm

·
Registered
690 Posts
Maps will be loaded prior to shipment as required. Additional maps are provided as needed. The +399 is the target tune, which isn't maps. Target tune is a fine tuning add on, which may be overkill. Fuel Moto does a good job with their maps, ironed out via dyno runs. Not affiliated, just another satisfied customer.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I feel like the target tune is similar to the smart tune that harley makes for the SEPST. I bought my PV from Fuel Moto less than a year ago and think that I paid $350-$400. It came loaded with 2 tunes that they put on it (before cam install and after) for my bike and mods.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts