Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am installing a SONY DSX-MS60 in my 15 RG. Do i have to buy a connector to be able to still use the handlebar controls? Every one that I find is for 2013 and below I cant find anything for the 2015 RG.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, you will need a module to enable function of the handlebar controls. You can use an inexpensive one and be frustrated (think Metra) or you can bite the bullet and get a complete kit that does exactly what you want. However, the Biketronics stuff is pricey;

BT1014 RetroRadio Install Kit - Biketronics Inc[/QUOTE

Yeah thats what i was worried about...Do I really need the hand controls right off the bat or is this something I can do ata later time once I can afford the Biketronics module?

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Have you already purchased the head unit, mounting brackets etc.? Are you upgrading the speakers and adding an AMP as well?

Those might seem like irrelevant questions, but I'm asking because it would help to know your end game.

While an aftermarket head unit is something a lot of folks do, it's not usually one of the first audio upgrades. Adding upgraded speakers and an AMP paired with the factory head unit often gives results that most everyone is happy with.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Nice :)

You'll definitely want the Biketronic's 2014+ installation kit then. It comes with all you need to install and have everything functional afterwards. Double check for compatibility with the stereo that you've chose.

Good luck.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Hawgwired used to have interfaces for Sony products to interface with the controls. They may be another option.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
There is another company supplying a 'full kit' with hand controls and takes care of the digital display you will lose access to.... SoundzCustomz has a complete kit with digital display for you EITMS and oil PSI and I believe will take care of the security flashing on your dash caused by removing the factory HU....

This kit is also for the Road Glides.. even though they talk only of the batwings... I called them...

https://youtu.be/zbMznLWzJrI?list=UUl5i9DPRuqZjME98QNQ28fg

1 - 9 of 9 Posts