Road Glide banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
199.95 for the 14 inch size, an inch and a quarter width, compared to some of the more pricey bars I don't think that's too bad IMO.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Had the 18" dna monsters on my softail before i traded it for the shark. They looked super cool, but the grip position was a little narrow imo. Hands too close together. But i got used to it. And again, looked awesome. Quality seemed legit, although i only had them for about 6 months til i traded the bike

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow those look really nice I guess it depends how wide you prefer you grip, I sat on my buddy's glide with the factory 47s and felt they were too wide for me.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I know what you are saying, I guess it depends what your comfy with, wish I could sit on a bike with them to see how they feel, like I mentioned earlier, the factory 47s are really nice but I found them a bit wide for my liking.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Yeah it sucks not having a place with different sets of bars to try out. Ordering them online is really just doing your research and coming up with the best educated guess possible. Not sure how to post the link, but found these "meathook" apes on ebay for $225. They are pretty bad, but even more narrow than the dna monster apes. I was just debating between them and some JSR Raptors. Going with the raptors because they are wider at the top. Good luck with your search!

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, those are good looking bars as well, I am in no rush so I can take my time, it's just something I have been thinking and kicking around.

·
Registered
77 Posts
For what it’s worth,Wild1 Chubby has DNA on their be careful knockoff page

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Funny. I got my DNA's after i broke my Wild1's. I didnt have any issues with the quality. But i traded the bike after only about 6 months of having them on there, so idk how they hold up

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Really ? Well thank for the heads up, i guess a defect can happen to anyone, my buddy had a pair of Carlinis on his dyna and after a vicious pothole the right hand control side snapped off he almost dumped it.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Yeah it was my fault though. Im an idiot. Used a 2 piece top clamp. They clearly state to use 1 piece. Over time, the leverage caused them to crack in 3 places where the wires feed out at the bottom. Lucky i noticed it before they completely split!

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Omg yes, that would have sucked bigtime, just wish someone close to me had them so i could sit on the bike and see how they feel.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Omg yes, that would have sucked bigtime, just wish someone close to me had them so i could sit on the bike and see how they feel.
Don't know if you already pulled the trigger on some bars but I have these on my Deuce and they are very nice. Quality seems good. only had them for a year but I run solid riser bushings on that bike so they take a lot of impact abuse and are still going strong.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Okay great , makes me feel better, cause I think they look pretty stout, and no bad for the price, I really like the look too.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts