Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2011 FLTRU

Stage 1 AirCleaner + Rinehart 4" slip-ons. Runs pretty strong (seat of pants dyno) with a very minor decel pop around 1900RPMS. Runs a bit hot at a couple of RPM ranges, but nothing intolerable.

I want to put in a decated factory 2-1-2 pipe just to reduce the heat some. Will I need to reflash the ECM, or get a tuner?

Thanks in advance for advice.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
When you added the air cleaner,you needed a tuner.If you had done either the exhaust or a/c,it wouldn't have needed one,because the airflow through the engine wasn't significantly changed.

the only flash I'm aware of is the "stage 1" download,which most have said is a waste cause it's still EPA lean.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the only flash I'm aware of is the "stage 1" download,which most have said is a waste cause it's still EPA lean.
PO said they had this done already with the stage 1 and pipes. This may be why I have the minor pop, and also could explain the brilliant blue headpipe!

Looks like a tuner is in my future.

·
Registered
2019 RGS
5,923 Posts
That download they do is a waste of money. Get a tuner or the SERT and have it tuned. My 05 I did that. Ruined a set of pipes. They glowed cherry red.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.