Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 Roadglide Ultra. I have put Jackpot Slipons on it. I pulled the baffles out today. I am looking at the Arlen Ness Big Sucker air cleaner. Do I need a tuner? I have seen yes I do and no I don't. I don't care about the performance I am strickly looking at the looks. Please give me a little advise.
Do I need it or not?

·
Registered
300 Posts
More air = yes

Slip ons no but recommended

This is all my opinion for better performance and fuel burn

·
Registered
849 Posts
With the slip ons only you don’t need a tuner, but once you add the Big Sucker you will need it. Shop around for a good deal on a V&H FP3, it will do well for your configuration, especially with the auto tune capability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,623 Posts
Yes, more air in-more air out. You need a tuner.

If you were picking just one, slip ons or intake no.

I hear good things about the V&H Fuel Pack, simple and easy to use

·
Registered
318 Posts
Once you add the Big Sucker a/c you’ll need to adjust the air/fuel mixture peramiter in the ecm or the engine will run to lean possibly causing damage. You can make this adjustment yourself with one of the many available aftermarket tuners or, you can take the bike to the dealer and have them flash a new tune into the ecm which would be the cheapest of the two options. If you plan to do other engine mods in the future that will require ecm adjustments then definitely get a tuner so you can make the adjustments as needed.

·
Registered
8,296 Posts
Go get ya a Power Vision off Fuel Moto, if you're not going to Dyno it. Its about the same price as FP 3 and does a lot more.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts