Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at the Rokkers for changing out the fairing speakers, so do I need to get an amp for just those two? Most likely I'll change out the head unit in the future and I'll be getting the lower fairing eventually too. I'd like to not get an amp till its actually necessary, which I know getting the lower fairing speakers will make it so.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
I'm sure some others will jump in on this, but here is my 2 cents. If you are going to upgrade the front speakers to the 7.25 Rokkers than personally I don't feel that the stock head unit has enough ass to push the speakers. Oh, you will have sound but I just doubt that you will be happy with it or be able to hear it at highway speed. If you are looking at adding some speakers, than you are really going to want an amp. If I was in your position, thinking about changing out the head unit, I would look at doing that first, and taking some time and maybe picking up an amp/speaker package somewhere at a deal. Hope this helps

·
Super Moderator
12,433 Posts
I agree with The Stone King, if your going with the Rokkers, you really should get an amp, also remember just like your stock speakers, the Rokkers are 2 ohms, so if you get an amp make sure its compatible.

·
JMJOHN
1,002 Posts
Garvin ,,,,,,,

an amp is always nice, and J&M offers THE most powerful amplifiers for the Harley baggers available ,,,,,

but please remember, you would be surprised at just how good our 7.25" speakers sound WITHOUT an amplifier, just running off the stock Harley radio ,,,,,

both the ROKKER series 7.25s and the standard 7.25s will make a very significant improvement in sound on the highway, compared to the stock Harley speakers ,,,,, with or without an amplifier ,,,,

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Garvin ,,,,,,,

an amp is always nice, and J&M offers THE most powerful amplifiers for the Harley baggers available ,,,,,

but please remember, you would be surprised at just how good our 7.25" speakers sound WITHOUT an amplifier, just running off the stock Harley radio ,,,,,

both the ROKKER series 7.25s and the standard 7.25s will make a very significant improvement in sound on the highway, compared to the stock Harley speakers ,,,,, with or without an amplifier ,,,,
I forgot to say "head unit" after i said alpine, sorry for the confusion john.

I ordered my rokkers from fatbaggers.com since they are on sale for $239 right now.

Sent from my DROID2 using Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 7 of 7 Posts