Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my gauges set up to give me cylinder temps.... do I need an oil temp gauge? I have one from my 08 I was about to install but I'm thinking now with the PV do I need it? :confused:
Thanks

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
No offense to anyone who has one but they are about as worthless as the temp gage it replaces.

·
Registered
528 Posts
No offense to anyone who has one but they are about as worthless as the temp gage it replaces.
Agreed .... it's information you don't really need ... causes more stress than not.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
my reading the head temp guage has made me nuts, one more auto tune run and I am taking it off the bars!!!

It should just read really frikken hot or off.....:)

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
3,813 Posts
Do you really want to know how HOT your bike runs. I don't. I had the HD oil temp/dip stick thing & just had to check it. That didn't last to long. It's on the shelf with the other dumb azz shit I spent my/wife's money on. But those things I spent the wife's money on was a SAFETY ISSUE< if you know what I mean.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Mine helped me to see if my exhaust mods are working, and if I see a spike on the gauge or an otherwise unexpected reading, I have an idea something is wrong. I don't understand how having knowledge of your oil temp is useless info... Head temp is good to know as well, in my opinion.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts