Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my brand new 2013, RGC from dealer yesterday. Had them install V&H power duals & hi flow pipes, SE ventilator and SE pro tuner. Planned to have it dyno'd before I picked it up but dyno was down so the mechanic " set it up and tuned it with his computer".
Im not that impressed with it at all, seems like my 88ci Fatboy would walk away from it... Tell me I need to have this dyno'd as what the mechanic did when installing everything doesn't mean anything and there will me much improvement and there is an absolute need to get this bike on a dyno and adjusted correctly.

Thanks for your help guys!

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
He probably loaded a map off of data base from previous dyno runs he had done, or possibly straight from SE tunes. It is rare that a good operator would not be able to make decent gains over an off the shelf base map. The key phrase here is "Good operator"

·
Registered
301 Posts
Canned maps are pretty close. Gets some cams installed & then dyno.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Canned maps are pretty close. Gets some cams installed & then dyno.

I was reading about cam work some members have posted but Im lost on any decision to make for picking the right ones. Do you know what the labor time is to install cams?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Cams

I have put 4 different sets of S&S cams in my bike it takes me about 3 hours to install them right now I am using S&S East Start 551C CAMS they turn on from zero rpm to 4000 rpm they have been in only a few days and I need to remap my zippers for the cam and heads but so far it seems ok

1 - 5 of 5 Posts