Road Glide banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i put super shox on the rear and i feel the improvement and the wife thinks they are way better then the air ride.

so with that said i am thinking of upgrading the front suspension.
any good videos on how to ?

any advise on to what i should use?

i see others not liking the ride of the new bikes ,so i gather upgrading mine would be the way to go.
i have 20k on the dunlaps now,and they both still have plenty of meat, but the front is hard as stone . dropping the air pressure slightly helps, but new ones will be put on over winter which will help with the ride.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
would work on my 2011. thanks.

any good reports on that setup ?

any others that prefer a different brand ?

i have not looked yet, but i would imagine there are you tube tutorials i could watch to learn.

i also have read changing out the tube oil could help ? i have 33k on original shocks and oil and i think 50k oil change is required.
my main goal is to have a smoother ride. its not like i blast through corners as i dont. usually ride 2 up with 39-40lbs of air in front tire

·
Registered
8,852 Posts
All depends on $$. I run Progressive mono tubes. They are not as smooth but handle bumps a lot better and they eliminate the nose dive on hard braking.

·
Registered
7,296 Posts
I second the progressive monotubes. They do stiffen up the front but they just about eliminate nose dive

·
Registered
48 Posts
I also use the Super Shox on my 2016 RGS. I spoke with Brian at Super Shox and the front suspension is now in the works. I am willing to wait till it comes out. The rear improvement was remarkable. I hope to get the ride I had on a 12 Streetglide.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So the mono tubes stiffen the front end ? one person said they take the bumps better ?

i am looking for a lack of a better term, a softer,smoother ride

·
Registered
8,852 Posts
So the mono tubes stiffen the front end ? one person said they take the bumps better ?

i am looking for a lack of a better term, a softer,smoother ride
I think the oem front ends are pretty smooth. They just don't take bumps well. The pre Rushmore ones had a bad nose dive also.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Only a matter of time before someone mentions Ohlins. I don't have them, but they are a great system if you have the money.

I want to put on the Super Shox on rear as well. Will wait though to see if they do come out with fronts and see how they perform with time.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I just ordered the new Progressive Mono-tubes with the adjustable preload and FST technology from Revzilla. I had monotubes on my 2013 RGU and like them. I will update you on my experience once they come in and I install them.

FWIW I had Ohlins from Howard on the rear and monotubes on the front of my 2013 and it felt very nice. I am going to wait on the rears to see how the 2017 feels with these new monotubes.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
With an 11, you basically have two ways to go. Since it already has emulators, you can upgrade them and then bump the spring rate to what you want. Or you can convert it to cartridges. Cartridges are an easy swap. But the emulators and custom springs are more tunable.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I have Super Shox's on the rear and was going to wait for their front end as well. That was a year and a half ago. Ended up going with the legend axeo cartridges. I am very happy with the set up. You will probably have to split the forks to add the centering cups. I did it all myself and found it to be simple. You tube has tons of videos and legend has a cartridge install video as well. Don't waste labor costs at the dealer. this is easily done on your own and it gives you a chance to drink in peace.

·
Registered
14 Posts
On the front I used Race Tech Gold Emulators and Progressive front springs on mine. A world of difference. Front end dive is gone. And the handling is way better. I used 20 wt oil also.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
I am also running the progressive monotubes in front with HD premium shocks in back and my ole lady feels its the best ride on any scoot i have owned. Worth while upgrade IMO i hated the nose dive especially riding two up.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts