Road Glide banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
While at Street Vibrations I saw the LED lights and considered going for it, but the install price was 299.00! A bit steep for my blood. So when I got home, I see I can buy the kits on Ebay. Are these Ebay kits as good as the one they would have installed at the show? I figure I can manage the installation, has anybody done their own? Are there ay "gotyas" along the way? It is far cheaper to buy the kits on line.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
While at Street Vibrations I saw the LED lights and considered going for it, but the install price was 299.00! A bit steep for my blood. So when I got home, I see I can buy the kits on Ebay. Are these Ebay kits as good as the one they would have installed at the show? I figure I can manage the installation, has anybody done their own? Are there ay "gotyas" along the way? It is far cheaper to buy the kits on line.
In all honesty they are gonna come from China so I wouldn't worry about it. Id buy the kit on Ebay and do the install myself. Save them for a cold rainy beer drinking Im bored day...

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
In general I would say the ebay kits are of lesser quality but will do the job. Lots of China led products are based on led seconds. Maybe shorter life or off color. The other parts used in ebay kits may be cheaper equivalent. I'm sure they will work fine for our use. With the possible exception of inside a fender after 3 days of rain in Sturgis. Anyway, I'm sure you get the idea.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,402 Posts

Diverrick, here's a link to a do it yourself LED Kit by our very own "Paul's Road Glide".
Excellent Kit with everything needed.
Mike U.

http://www.roadglide.org/25-lighting/80785-touring-l-e-d-kit.html

·
Registered
6,371 Posts

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
I did mine as a home mod.

We did a job and there was extra LED’s so I used them and they look killer.

I did a post long ago so I will try and find it and re-post it up.

You can do the install yourself, no problem.

I used this type of LED’s

http://www.roadglide.org/29-do-yourself/255810-swomacks-black-beast-gets-leds.html

Check in tomorrow and I’ll do a write up.

Swomack
Could you post some pics of your LED's lol just kidding. Looks killer. I might be in your neck of the woods next weekend. Wevesport and some of his cool friends are going to the drag races next weekend. Ill let you know if we decide to come up.

·
Registered
981 Posts
my only tip would be to hook them up, then either zip tie or use painters tape to hold in place until you like the layout...then go back and do the final mount...just in case you need to move something.
I have a XK Glow kit I'll install one day I'm off and its raining.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I did the 12 piece ebay kit.
It comes with a remote and is multi colored. It will also blink and strobe:confused:

Works good. The sticky holds good. I haven't had to fix anything....yet
I cleaned all the areas with alcohol wipes before sticking the LED down.

Only thing I don't like, is the white is not really "bright white" there seems to be a shade of light blue when its on the white setting.
All the other colors look good.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts