Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First of all I want to say my dealer is very good. From what I have learned there was really no education of the dealer by HD and they were on their own on things and had received sketchy info at best. info.

I bought a 2020 RG Limited the End of August. Dealer told me I needed to have either the CVO or the WHIM in order got get CarPlay. I talked to my dealer today and they told me that if I wanted them to do that they would have to charge me 1/2 hour of labor to hook the bike up and do the flash. I asked well when I bring it in for maintenance you hook it up anyhow so would there be a charge. The answer was yes. Well my mind said BS but i did not engage my mouth.

So back home and called the Harley Support line for the Audio Help. This is what I was told. If I want to do Wireless CarPlay I do need the WHIM. What they were not aware of is that if I wanted to do Wired Headsets I do not need the WHIM. However the bike will need to be flashed to have a WHIM and only Wired be selected. This will allow you have CarPlay with the Wired Headset. They checked with their resident HD TECH and he confirmed tht my 2020 should have come with it all set up to use wired. SO they gave me a case number to use for when I go back to the dealer to have my bike flashed that the dealer will cll in and be given the instruction of how to write it up as a Warranty issue and there will be no charge to me.

My bike would not hook up with the HD App when I got it and they needed to Flash it for that. The suspicions from the HD Support line is that there were issues with the original flash of my bike (and most likely a bunch of the first ones)

Hope this helps others

·
Registered
58 Posts
My dealer flashed mine for free. I have a '19 CVO and wanted to use CarPlay without the WHIM. Works Great now.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My dealer flashed my radio for free also after I install the GTS upgrade radio kit, turned on WHIM , Carplay and Navigation functions. Took about 15 minutes to do.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Your HD App would not work correctly because the TCU was not set up properly during PDI. The dealership should have corrected that for free anyways because they didn’t catch it.

Reactions: craigffb

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your HD App would not work correctly because the TCU was not set up properly during PDI. The dealership should have corrected that for free anyways because they didn’t catch it.
They did reflash it for free. IT was a problem with a lot of new bikes.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have a 2020 RG (Purchased in Oct.) and when I came to pick it up I had them flash/update the BOOM system to the most current flash version and made sure car play would work before I left.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts