Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my bike back yesterday from Doc's Performance Tuning. Heads flowed by T-Man, adjustable push rods, larger intake and exhaust valves, cometic head gasket, TTS tuner and Fat Cat 2 into one. Our goal was to increase low end to mid rage torque. Not racing the bike but wanted to get off the line fast and have pulling power in my riding range. Exceeded my expectations. Runs great, pulls smooth and hard.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
that thing has to pull hard off the line , congrats

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Had a good 200 mile ride yesterday. The main thing I noticed differently is that the motor pulls hard right from the start; real hard. Stays with me and at 4,750 RPM it is still pulling over 110 foot pounds. Most builds and dyno numbers I look at have real low torque until you get to 4,500 RPM. Not sure why someone wants that? When I'm riding on the highway cruising at 70-80 I'm only pulling 2,500-3,000 RPM. If I need to pass I roll on the throttle and I have plenty of passing power without needing to downshift. Don't most of us ride in the 2,000 to 4,500 range anyway? If I was a drag racer I might want the power band to be at the higher R's but seriously, who does that on a regular basis?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts