Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

I've seen a few posts on here about how to install the SG Rear Fascia, which gave me the confidence to try it myself. I took care to document each step and thought I would post as close as I could get to step-by-step instructions. I have this available as a PDF file also (if interested PM me). IMHO - the rear looks so much better with the rear fascia. All told, less than $200 in parts (thanks PC PAIN) and a few hours of time to install and document.

I'll continue posting subsequent slides in follow-up messages.

Hope y'all enjoy!
Cheers,
G

Attachments

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Page 22 - Parts List

Page 22 - Parts List...thank you for your kind attention! Hope this helps some of you improve the look of your ride!

Cheers,
G

Attachments

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Very cool! I didn't realize it was that cheap to do it. I would like a copy of the pdf. I'll PM you my address.

Thanks for doing the legwork!

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
As an FYI, if you are averse to drilling holes in your fender. Get some 3M double sided automotive adhesive tape. It is a royal pain to line up and stick, but once you do it is not going anywhere ever again.

·
Registered
127 Posts
PM sent, thanks!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
As an FYI, if you are averse to drilling holes in your fender. Get some 3M double sided automotive adhesive tape. It is a royal pain to line up and stick, but once you do it is not going anywhere ever again.
Good point OldNerdGuy. I debated on the 3M tape ... ended up going for the gusto. Ha! Good option to mention for others who may be less confident drilling their fenders.

Cheers,
G

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Important notes - added to PDF

I've added this to the PDF, but wanted to mention to all these words of caution if you decide to drill your fenders...

Use a centerpunch to keep the drill bit from walking and make sure you use sharp bits. Also - put a scrap piece of wood between the fender and the tire for when the bit breaks through.

Cheers,
G

1 - 20 of 62 Posts