Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Beautiful sunny day here win west central PA, 50*, and my local dealer is celebrating their 70th anniversary, so I rode over to check out their sale and got some free grub.

I tried on a Magnum tripple vent jacket, and this is probably the best fitting leather I have ever put on. The only problem is the price, even with 20% off it was still close to $400.

Just wondering who makes this for them, I realley don't need to have the HD logo's, but I do want the jacket (for fit and finish)

http://www.harley-davidson.com/store/magnum-triple-vent-leather-jacket

·
Registered
654 Posts
What PGR said. A picture is worth a thousand words. Just check the Made in tag on the inside of the jacket. This is why North America has an economy problem.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Bought a HD jacket in 2001,its a 3/4 length leather,best fitting jacket i have owned,but it was made in Korea,for the price of these coats HD should offer USA made coats,would i buy another HD leather jacket,NO.

·
Registered
451 Posts

·
Registered
9,327 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Fox Creek

I've got a Fox Creek jacket and it's still going strong at 45,000 miles. Almost broken in ?. Not sure what web site others are looking at but Fox Creek is open for business and selling custom fit made in the USA leathers.

·
Registered
76 Posts
+2 on Fox Creek. Just used my new Fox Creek Vented Racing Jacket ($437) on a balmy Connecticut ride today for the first time. Great product.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Fox Creek is alive and well, just a slight problem with the web address posted, try: https://www.foxcreekleather.com/

I've bought several pairs of gloves, belts, have friends who have gotten vests, boots, jackets etc. Everyone pleased with the value.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Looks like they're out of business according to your link.
Anybody try topharley.Com ? The prices look awesome, but cash only.
Order from here and you will be sorry. Read other posts. You will be throwing your money away!

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Anybody try topharley.Com ? The prices look awesome, but cash only.
Its almost certainly a company in china that manufactures Harley apparel for Harley.
They will also sell the stuff directly (albeit illegally) for a lot less, usually via money order or direct wire. Its likely the exact same product you'll find in a US HD dealership.

Davidjacket.com was another site like this but it was shut down.

People have successfully bought from merchants like this (http://www.hdforums.com/forum/gener...64-ordered-the-leather-jacket-from-china.html), but there is an element of risk of them being shut down in the middle of your transaction.

·
Registered
59 Posts
head up to the outlet malls in grove city(or any large outlet mall) they have a pretty nice leather store where i got a heavy leather jacket for less than half the price of something with HD on it. plus you have the benefit of trying the jacket on.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
head up to the outlet malls in grove city(or any large outlet mall) they have a pretty nice leather store where i got a heavy leather jacket for less than half the price of something with HD on it. plus you have the benefit of trying the jacket on.
Just exactly what state would Grove City be located in.:confused:

·
Life Member
5,434 Posts
The HD dealer in La Vale MD just 65 miles from you had all their leathers on sale at 40% off this last week. Stopped there on the way to visit family and snagged a new jacket for the better half. Might be worth a call to see if they have the jacket your looking for.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts