Road Glide banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't believe it, I want to upgrade my stereo system on my '13 RGU and I can't find anyone who agrees on what is the best system. There has to be one great speaker and one great amp but every time I think I have it someone says they are shit. I don't have any great radio shops around me so I have to rely on what I read on these forums but I'm not getting anything here.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I can't believe it, I want to upgrade my stereo system on my '13 RGU and I can't find anyone who agrees on what is the best system. There has to be one great speaker and one great amp but every time I think I have it someone says they are shit. I don't have any great radio shops around me so I have to rely on what I read on these forums but I'm not getting anything here.
Look into hawg-wired. 400 watt amp 6.5 speakers. Dragos bike works sell hawg-wired prouducts give frank a call.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Don't read anything after my post, these guys will just confuse you. You Have two votes for Hawg Wired and that should be good. I don't honestly know if it is the best but I know for a fact it's a great system. The only negative I ever hear about it is the price. Frank will probably be the best price you find.

·
Life Member With a Grey Beard
2,122 Posts
Don't read anything after my post, these guys will just confuse you. You Have two votes for Hawg Wired and that should be good. I don't honestly know if it is the best but I know for a fact it's a great system. The only negative I ever hear about it is the price. Frank will probably be the best price you find.
Three votes.

But others will chime in. Like windshields, there are lots of options.

·
Super Moderator
12,336 Posts
Four votes, lol. There are many good systems, it depends on exactly what you want, and also your budget.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
It's all subjective really. Not taking anything away from anyone but it all depends on what you are looking for. I built a system that I love and sounds great. Is it the best? I doubt it but I'm happy with it. There's soooo many choices and options out there it's hard to say what's the "best"

·
Registered
516 Posts
Four votes, lol. There are many good systems, it depends on exactly what you want, and also your budget.
Exactly what dbell said.. It depends on how comfortable you are installing the components yourself and how much money you want to spend.. Hog Wired is nice plug and play stuff, but you could probably buy your own components and spend less, but it won't be plug and play..

·
Super Moderator
12,336 Posts
Give Chris Lowe at Garage Baggers a call, tell him your budget and he will build you one.
Chris is very knowledgeable and helpful, he we help you through the whole process, even if you don't buy from him, great guy.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
I use and love Hawg Wired amps, speaker adapters, and other accessories but not their speakers.

But like everybody else is saying, it depends on your budget, space requirements or preferences, and what music you listen to.

For speakers you'll see votes for:

Infinity Kappas
Alpine SPRs
Focal
Hertz

I have Focal and Hertz Speakers.

Once again, it's all opinion and preference. Go to a bike rally and listen to some systems in person. Regular people, not the corporate or bike show bikes.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
12,336 Posts
I agree with you 09, their speakers are ok, but I know speakers that cost 1/2 as much and sound just as good, if not better.

·
Registered
86 Posts
If you only want to do it once and not three or four times like me you will save money over the long run if you go with companies like Soundz Customz or Biketronics. My buddy has the Arc 150 x 4 amp and 4 Focal KRC speakers from Soundz and it is killer. My system from Biketronics consists of 180 x 4, built in house amp with 2 Pro 7.1s and 7.1 in rears built by HAT and I would say my system is comparable to my buddy's system. We have no subs or amps in bags and the tunes are loud and clear at 70 plus MPH. Both companies customer service is over the top. I went with BT for the lifetime warranty, done spending money on audio. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Very happy with Soundz stage II on my 12 RGU. Much louder than stock and very crisp. They are at most big rallys and you can listen to the different options before you buy.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts