Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should I ever happen to have another child I will name him / her Donk.

DONK RULES!

You are probably asking yourselves where did all this Donk love come from?

Well thats an easy one.

I just installed a set of Wild Ones 612 Chubby Outlawz all be little self. To be truthful I did get a bunch of help from Donk's most excellent handle bar threads.

http://www.roadglide.org/showthread.php?t=4745

http://www.roadglide.org/showthread.php?t=5694

http://www.roadglide.org/showthread.php?t=5897

This by far the biggest project I have ever attempted on my bike! Momma is happy that she never had to rush me to the emergency room! I just got done testing / starting the bike. Everything looks good, now I got to finish buttoning it up.

I did not take any pics while I was working (It was everything I could do to read / follow Donk's instructions.) I will post some pics of the bars and a few helpful hints I learned the hard way.

If I could do this, you could too. Just need to suck it up and go for it!

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just finished buttoning up bike. Everything done except for washing the bike. About 8 - 10 hours from start to finish, including 4 trips to Home Depot. If I knew then what I know now I think I could it in 5 to 6 hours.

Hint #1 NEVER ATTEMPT TO CHANGE YOUR HANDLE BARS WHEN IT IS 94 AND MUGGY! Changing your bars when it is that hot out will not be the best idea you ever have....! :eek:

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK, the time you have all been waiting for... Pictures!

Besides the Wild Ones 612 Outlawz I also installed a DK Products Tour Pak relocator to make more room for Momma...

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice work! How did ya route your clutch cable?
Thank you,

I routed the clutch cable behind the steering head. I read about that some where online. It works fine with plenty of room, although I will admit it only looks so - so. If I am still not thrilled with it maybe I will install some type of chrome cables this winter....

·
Registered
327 Posts
I ran mine through the console....I will take a pic later and show unless someone beats me to it. It works and looks gtreat. The cable hangs a little low by the fender but I am alright with that.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Here's how my cable is routed. No binding. Works well.

Attachments

·
Registered
588 Posts
Should I ever happen to have another child I will name him / her Donk.

DONK RULES!

If I could do this, you could too. Just need to suck it up and go for it!
LMFAO!!!! I needed a good morning laugh. Thanks for all the wonderful comments. Im glad I could help some fellow RG owners.

See folks I told you its not that hard, you can do it! I had ZERO handlebar swapping experience when I did mine, and you don't need any either.

The bars look good PFwiz, excellent job!

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here's how my cable is routed. No binding. Works well.
I think I like the way that looks. maybe if I feel ambitious I will try routing mine like yours...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts