Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting ready to head out for a little ride after work, as it was mid 70s today. Since it had been cold the last week (below freezing temps) I decided to check the air pressure in the tires. Yep, they're low.

As I was opening a saddlebag, the lid came loose - only being attached by the cloth tether strap. WTF?
I then noticed that all 5 of the screws that attach the lid to the backing plate were gone. One was trapped in the hinge. The other side was loose, but intact. I'll be checking these periodically now.

The screws are item 4 in the diagram (part #3595) and screw into the backing plate, item 20. (part #90700-93)

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
One thing I never checked, who would of thought.

·
Registered
4,229 Posts
They are tiny and hard to get to (just now thought:rolleyes:why didn't I just take the bags off and put on bench?) to tighten, have 3 on ea side of Glide, found two on garage floor yrs back, the latch will kinda double fold a lil when real loose or in your case completely gone

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Item # 3 (screws) that hold item # 26 to the back of teh bags (the lid latch locks olates) were loose on mine a while back......one more thing to check......

·
Registered
8,823 Posts
I used blue loctite on mine and check them when I service the bike.
Haven't come loose since.
Mike U.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts