Road Glide banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Hang in there friend!! we are all pulling for you and with this group as your friends no way will the reaper want you!!:wink::wink::wink:
You are stuck with us. >:)

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
First off, prayers headed your way.

I haven't had the same heart issues you are going through, but I did have a heart attack and bypass surgery to repair 5 blockages(at 43 years old). 2 were 100%, 2 905 and one 75%. Docs were amazed I walked into the hospital. Anyway, I can't believe how much better I felt after the surgery, and I didn't know I was feeling bad until I couldn't catch my breathe and it felt like someone was trying to crush my chest. Totally changed my life for the better. Listen to what the docs say, and try to do what they recommend. My doctor told me straight up, no one will ever do everything I tell them. Do as much as you can, when you mess up or don't eat right or exercise, then let it go and get back on the wagon. Just don't stop trying. You'll get through it. Once you get used to the changes it really isn't that bad. I have so much more energy.

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Praying for you. Your taking action that is what is important now. At our age we all know a few that have been through this. Seems in most cases catch it early , do what the heck the Doctors say. Get yourself in to shape and live to ride for years.
One that I knew well and will quote some what. Knew and old guy that live to be 90 smoking, this as he fired one up, a little beer never hurt no one as it followed the smoke with a beer . Not even the by pass saved him.
Wish you the best.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
I was diagnosed with it almost two years ago right b4 Memorial Day weekend. Went through the shock therapy to take me out of Afib & two months later had the ablation. Changed my diet, got back into working out on a daily basis an so far life is better than what it was before. Also gave up alcohol, except for an occasional beer or ale. Anyway praying for ya bro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Crew -- please know up front I'm not whining.......... I'm afraid

1. Your prayers please

Love, DOOF
Ya. Know, your a Rider which processes.. thoughts..actions and all the reversal, the experience, wants..rewards . The knowledge of Choices, you enjoy what ya doing....you do .. to enjoy again selections. You. Ride in and to do the best to ride safe out .

I am not much on 'prayers, though can offer this.... leave that Afraid' with Me ...& go do what ya gotta do....

love, reds

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Will definitely be praying for you!!! We need ya around to "bust our chops" and keep us in line. BTW: my father lived for 5 years with 18% overall heart funtion, passed at the age of 82, one month shy of 83. As early as they caught this sounds like you'll be fine. But still PRAYING.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I was in AFIB and had to get shocked out of it when I was in my 30's. You'll look like your wife tried to iron your birthday suit and left the iron sitting in one spot for too long... twice!

My mother had to be shocked out of AFIB twice in the past few years and has had stents in her heart for about 20 years now.

Keep a positive attitude and you'll do fine - otherwise you'll worry yourself to death.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Crew -- please know up front I'm not whining or claiming "special treatment" needs. Last week my cardiac tests revealed Congestive Heart Failure -- my heart is working at less than 50% and I'm in AFIB all the time. This WED I go in for the shock treatment to get me out of AFIB. In about 3 weeks I'll then get the catheter/camera into my heart to find blockages & place stents. // I was always confident in my Navy & LE days -- never afraid - concerned but never afraid. Now I'm afraid so I' asking for 2 things:

1. Your prayers please

2. If anyone on here is also in combat with this piece of shit cowardly disease then reach out please.

Ya'll are the best and I'm committed to be here to keep you safe & bust your chops.

Love, DOOF

·
Registered
10 Posts
DOOF... I have a very powerful prayerline in my church.. I'll add your intention and my prayer warriors will get to work.. Can you give me a first name and last initial. That's how we list the prayer requests.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Crew -- please know up front I'm not whining or claiming "special treatment" needs. Last week my cardiac tests revealed Congestive Heart Failure -- my heart is working at less than 50% and I'm in AFIB all the time. This WED I go in for the shock treatment to get me out of AFIB. In about 3 weeks I'll then get the catheter/camera into my heart to find blockages & place stents. // I was always confident in my Navy & LE days -- never afraid - concerned but never afraid. Now I'm afraid so I' asking for 2 things:

1. Your prayers please
2. If anyone on here is also in combat with this piece of shit cowardly disease then reach out please.

Ya'll are the best and I'm committed to be here to keep you safe & bust your chops.

Love, DOOF
I was there right with ya Bud! There is light ahead and your coming through it!
Nov 2015 I was told my heart was only working at 20% and in AFib as well as skipping beats. Doc said I needed a new Aortic valve, I told them I would think about it and maybe summer we could do the procedure. He said you will be dead by then. (I'm 51 years old) Turns out I had a defective valve and it just plain wore out from working hard my life. Well I am now a retired Firefighter that went through open heart surgery to replace my Aortic valve, short out some heart firing things, and shocked back into a normal beat. 18 months later only on 3 pills (13 per day following surgery) Heart pumping at 48% (good enough to keep away the internal Defib and Pacemakers) and a giant zipper scar and a 2016 Road Glide that I ride as much as I want!
So start busting some Nurse Chops! Turns out unplugging those monitor wires gets their attention much quicker than that stupid red button on the bed... lol

·
Registered
389 Posts
I just got out of the hospital a couple weeks ago with 3 new stents in place, had 2 put in back in 2003. The catheter procedure is not very traumatic, they went in via my wrist and it only required a very small hole. You will be up and moving pretty damn quick, the only real bitch was keeping me 2 nights in that damn hospital. Sleep NONE! Food really crappy!

Doing cardio therapy now but there is this real problem with my knees. The pain afterwards is pretty bad, and the orthopedic guy would replace both knees except for the nasty Brilinta drug they give for the heart stents would make you bleed out. Now it's at least a year before they will even broach the knee replacement.

Godspeed on your recovery.

·
Chief Safety Ossifer , CEO Doofus HD
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
J. O. // grateful !

doof... I have a very powerful prayerline in my church.. I'll add your intention and my prayer warriors will get to work.. Can you give me a first name and last initial. That's how we list the prayer requests.

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk

·
Chief Safety Ossifer , CEO Doofus HD
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Once again, as it has over the years, this site is about family. Thank you. My spirits are WAY UP after reading on here. Here ya go:
- first a laugh
- for the shock procedure they glue a bog panel on your chest and one on your back
- while I was still out the tech took off the front
- then they woke me up
- Tech said, Damn I forgot the back, please lean forward
- THAT woke me up
- So I have AFIB, Ventricular tacycardia, enlarged, congestive heart failure and at least one clot
- Starting blood thinner regimen tomorrow
- More tests coming up
- I AM GOING TO ANNIHILATE THIS PUSSY SHIT. FUCK IT. I'M STRONGER AND WILL KICK ITS ASS.
Love you all, Jim

21 - 40 of 45 Posts