Road Glide banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Painting the fairing anyway that's why I was considering it, just curious on the build quality. Anybody have a link to a bike that has it finished in paint ?

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Painting the fairing anyway that's why I was considering it, just curious on the build quality. Anybody have a link to a bike that has it finished in paint ?
Quaility is ok, not going to be alot different from this compared to anyone elses just the price.. Someone did do that on site might take some searching to find it, I can search later if you dont get it by the time i get home.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
I did the bezel on my 2013. Still not painted yet. I'll post pics when Photobucket comes back online. There's more work into fitting the head unit than bonding the bezel. In my opinion your better off having Audiowerks do your fairing.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I knew it would need some prep work but thought as far as mounting the stereo it would be a simple install. Could go explain some of the problems you ran into ? Not looking to have a lot of money tied up into this if it's that much of a pain I'll just get a flip out or stick with a single din.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Pain in the ass. The hole was to big for my Pioneer. I had to mold in a bezel for a car install kit. Then there is no way to attach the radio to the bezel. I made a mounting bracket. Photobucket is down for maintenance right now so i cannot upload photos. I have a thread started it's labeled " Slow stereo build. There are pics in the thread.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nuff said. Thanks gonna look up your thread soon as I get home, I was also looking at using a pioneer.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
I just don't want you to think it's just bonding & body work. There's a lot of fitment issues with the radio and the bezel.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
He'll i don't even have it painted yet. So i cannot answer that question. I would have to guess it'snot gonna be very easy to see. The stock unit is probably gonna be the easiest to view.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts