Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
It's been hotly debated in that the MOCO does not provide cd versions or downloadable manuals.
Holly Shit I remember that thread!!! Got a little ugly if I remember right... My personal opinion on the subject is "let your conscience be your guide."

Reactions: geo8866

·
Registered
927 Posts
Who said the MOCO provided these? LOL
Yeah, about that...

As @eddienelson stated

Holly Shit I remember that thread!!! Got a little ugly if I remember right... My personal opinion on the subject is "let your conscience be your guide."
nobody said they did, but the fact that the MOCO doesn't, is what ended up becoming the topic of discussion with the previous thread, same subject.

So to answer your original question, some of us know about it, (maybe not your exact link, but electronic sources for cheap manuals). We also know what went down because of it.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If its gonna cause a Ruckus, then lets kill the thread. I just posted it just in case anyone needed the manuals. I think some peeps on this forum just like to argue and want to sound like they know everything.....LOL

·
Registered
177 Posts
I personally love my electronic version of my Raodglide service manual. I had one for my Heritage as well. I like the fact that I can go to the section I need, check out whats needed I then do it. I'm in the process of breaking mine down into sections and saving those sections to my Google Drive account. This way I can open it on my tablet when in the garage working. When I buy a new bike, the first thing I will do is search for another electronic copy & buy it.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Charge me 25k-30k for a motorcycle> I should get a damn manual with it, ad not have to spend $9.95 to download it from a pirate site. That's just the Moco's way of nickle and diming people.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Paid 27k into the bike. I can afford the 60 dollar service manual. No top sports cars come with the service manual. No cars come with it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Best price I’ve been able to find them is $90. I paid $50 for what was supposed to be a used one but it ended up being a copy someone made at a kinko’s or something. Pissed me off.

·
Registered
396 Posts
After I got my 2016 Road Glide I ordered an electronic copy of the service manual from somewhere before I knew Harley did not do that. Turns up it works great, but I’m missing a couple of sections. Got to see the humor in that........ I need a manual and will prob order from Harley. Like several have said, the electronic version (copy!?����) is very convenient. Harley should make available upfront.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Charge me 25k-30k for a motorcycle> I should get a damn manual with it, ad not have to spend $9.95 to download it from a pirate site. That's just the Moco's way of nickle and diming people.
I’m not going to disagree with you....it’s bullchit. Also not going to argue the legality of download sales as I just don’t care. Just want to point out though that, as Bbally stated, you’re not getting a service manual no matter how much you spend...unless of course you negotiate that into a deal. When we purchase a Mack garbage truck with a McNeilus body for north of $250K we don’t get a service manual...unless we pay for one. It’s just part of the game. I’m guessing the last time any of you guys purchased a new $50K+ car or truck they didn’t give you a service manual. You didn’t even think about. So what makes this situation any different? Not a post to be a dick. Just want to open some eyes to the fact that service manuals are made of paper, they’re large, they cost money...and they’re not going to throw one in the saddlebag or glove box of a car or truck just in case the owner wants to work on their own vehicle. If y’all wanted a free service manual you should have told the salesman to throw one in or I’m going somewhere that will.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Best price I’ve been able to find them is $90. I paid $50 for what was supposed to be a used one but it ended up being a copy someone made at a kinko’s or something. Pissed me off.
That really sucks. Tough to trust people anymore. Hope it wasn’t a .org member pulling that shit.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I will concede to the 60 dollar manual costing 90 bucks, but does the 30 bucks change the point? Nope .... John Deere combine we use for corn $425k, no manual, cars and trucks, no manual, ....

If someone thinks the manual is a ripoff .... wait til they put tires on the thing for the first time.

So to summarize ... if 90 bucks will break the bank you are already in way over your income level for this type of machine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
yeah, um, china and russia don't like copyright laws, either

some of y'all need to go out and start a business and see what things really cost to produce

my father-in-law is retired from a union and loves to buy chinesium shit from hazard fraught. man do i rub it in when i see that crap lol

·
Registered
195 Posts
I have purchased the service manuals for both my 03 RK and my 15 RGS for about $60.00 each. Now my dealer wants $100.00 for the manual to my 17 RGS. I realize the M8 is a totally new engine but what constitutes the increase in price. It can't be printing costs because that is a very competitive business, my cousin owns a printing company and production cost are cheaper since the use of desktop computerized printing systems. My brother owns a 91 Ultra Classic and he had asked me to pick up a service manual for his Evolution engine bike. There was no difference in the price for his manual and my 03 Twin Cam manual. So, it just pisses me off that they are ripping us off, IMO, for the new engine manuals and after the annual increases in the price of our bikes they could afford to hold the price the same as previous manuals.
BTW, that Evolution manual for my brothers bike was so much more detailed than my Twin Cam manual.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts