Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a down-loadable Service Manual off ebay for $11.00. I was kind of nervous to do it but for 11 bucks I figured why not? I'm not sure how much longer I'll be able to hold off on getting a newer one with the 103 and didn't want to spend 50 bucks on a "real" one. The download was easy to do (standard PDF). The manual itself is a wopping 986 pages. Figured I can print pages as I need them rather than having my lap top in the garage and get covered by oil. There is no real easy way to navigate through the pages. You have to scroll and being so many pages its easy to pass up what you're looking to find. The pages include pictures and diagrams just as a paperback would. So, for 11 bucks I'm happy.

Link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/330725071341?item=330725071341&viewitem=&sspagename=ADME:X:AAQ:MOTORS:1123&vxp=mtr

Pros: Cheap, easy to download, full service manual as you would want
Cons: Not as easy to find the page you're wanting. Not as easily accessible and too long to print off IMO.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I have one of these on my mac, I read it in preview and it has a chapter side bar. It lets me jump to any chapter or page that I want to go to. When I bought mine I thought I was getting a hard copy from somebody and didn't realize it was a download. After I got it though I was happy because I can print what I need and mark off each step as I go.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Well I tried to email and even tried to Zip but the file is to large to email. For those I've committed to mail too you'll get them but I'm going to have to rescind my offer. Emailing would have been easy but I guess it won't work as simple as I thought!

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I tried to email and even tried to Zip but the file is to large to email. For those I've committed to mail too you'll get them but I'm going to have to rescind my offer. Emailing would have been easy but I guess it won't work as simple as I thought!
You can upload large files to Rapidshare.com and send them to other users. I've never uploaded anything but that is how I had to get the '06 manual.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Put it in the public folder of a Drop Box account and then give PM'ers your DB user ID. No password required. Is it larger than 5 GB?

·
Registered
86 Posts
The online drop boxes work really well. If you're able to do it as aviaator said, I'd like a copy of the 11 manual.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have my service, parts and electrical manuals in pdf on my iPhone under IBooks so they are on the road with me all the time.:D

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have my service, parts and electrical manuals in pdf on my iPhone under IBooks so they are on the road with me all the time.:D
I just got my PDF manual the other day and I must admit this is a great idea. I'm rolling to Texas in August and this could be a potential great help should something happen along the way, God forbid.

·
Registered
25 Posts
paid but no download

i paid but didn't get the download so what did i do wrong:mad:

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
I have mine on my iPhone as well. Bonus is that key words are highlighted like "fairing removal" and you can tap that it goes right there. Cool

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Pros: Cheap, easy to download, full service manual as you would want
Cons: Not as easy to find the page you're wanting. Not as easily accessible and too long to print off IMO.
Big CON... Illegal to have, sell or give.

Harley does not have any manual available to the public in pdf form.
They don't sell "down-loadable" manuals. If you buy one from eBay, you are taking a chance.
I would want a manual I know is correct.

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
2,338 Posts
Big CON... Illegal to have, sell or give.

Harley does not have any manual available to the public in pdf form.
They don't sell "down-loadable" manuals. If you buy one from eBay, you are taking a chance.
I would want a manual I know is correct.

I have to agree. Even if it's not the official HD manual, it's a copy of someone's.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i tried to buy this right now and the link is not available, anyone have the 2012 road glide service manual downloadable link? how about an app for android, maybe that's asking too much?
thx

1 - 20 of 23 Posts