Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone no how I can do a down load with a mac? I only have mac's in this house, and it seems there program will only work on Windows.

·
Registered
189 Posts
If It's not Mac compatible, You can install parallels on your Mac. This software allocate part of your hard drive to function just like a pc. Then you can install the pc-v on your Mac ( on the parallels side).

Good luck

GuyHD

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good time to upgrade to a TTS then.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Boot Camp for Macintosh will allow you to boot your Macintosh into Windows. Its free, you just need a Windows install disk. Search you Mac help menu for more info...oh and thumbs up from another Apple die hard!

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have an 06 Macbook. It works great. But the mac shop said, I'd have to upgrade the mac operating program, then partition, then buy windows. Sounds like alot of money for being able to do a couple of downloads. Does thundermax or TTS run on a mac?

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
ANother Mac fan here. I didn't want to go through the hassle of, nor expose my Apple to operating in windows. When I bought my PC-V, I went to Costco, and bought the cheapest PC I could lay my hands on, and it's basically all I use it for. You might be able to find one even cheaper, used.

Jeff

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
I use VMWare Fusion and a Windows 7 Virtual Machine. Not the best idea for anybody who is not IT savvy, but it is a very seamless solution. All the windows apps (including the PC software) run on the Mac Desktop. All you have to do is tell it that the PCV belongs to windows when you plug it in.

·
Registered
855 Posts
I have a MacBook and a G4 desktop. I forgot about running PC software on a Mac. I also have a PCV and just borrowed a laptop to install the software. This might sound like a pain, but the PCV is portable, I just brought it in the house to upload the map on the borrowed windows laptop. Only took a few min. My PCV is mounted on the right side behind the side cover panel, so I dont have to cram it under the seat each time. I was also thinking about installing the software at work, but these days people are funny about work computers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts