Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2018 with 2K miles. Riding back from work yesterday and downshifting the gearshift lever would intermittently not budge, upshifting not a problem. Looking at it last evening it seems that the return movement when downshifting worked sometimes, sometimes not, no problem advancing upwards through the gears with the heel shifter. The linkage looks to be intact - no excessive play, shift levers not making contact anywhere that I could discern. Am I missing something obvious? Is there a lube point that needs attention?

·
Super Moderator
1,835 Posts
Check to make sure that the bolt on the front shifter is tight/torqued correctly. If the bolt is loose the splines could be stripped on the shaft that runs thru the bushing on the primary housing. Easy enough to replace if it is.

Also check the bolt on the very back of the shift linkage by the transmission. A little more difficult to see it but that bolt will also come loose and cause problems.

Calgaryglide

·
Registered
8,856 Posts
Check to make sure you don't have the tranny oil migration. Too much oil in the primary will mess with shifting gears.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts