Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

Shark of the Month October 13
Nice looking scoot there Jack. One question, why is the windshield so far away from the light? Were you re-purposing a windshield or is there some reason it needs to be that far out in front? Just curious.

Super Moderator
Nice looking scoot there Jack. One question, why is the windshield so far away from the light? Were you re-purposing a windshield or is there some reason it needs to be that far out in front? Just curious.
I was wonderin that too Fuzz , but look at the close up and there is a shelf of some kind above the light ..

Jack you had more stuff than that on the RG in Cherokee , downsizin for sure ..

Registered
Feeling lucky? Well do you punk?! Is that a Smith on your hip? We gonna have to call you Dirty Jack. Bike looks bad azz...

Registered
Discussion Starter #15
You are Hardcore ya wacky sum bitch.......and that fits in ANYWHERE
WELL......Sir, I believe I resemble that remark and count it a HUGE COMPLIMENT coming from "the" motorcycle enthusiast extraordinaire! :smile::wink:

Registered
Discussion Starter #17
Uncle Fuzzy doesn't follow my other posts..(ie: '18 Slim mods begin)...O'..I'm hurt! :( LOL Here's the scoop: I like to camp off of my bikes and after having the bike for awhile & looking it over and thinking,(which is very dangerous for me, thinking that is) about things I realized that I would need a place to carry my sleeping bag & being the old-fart that I am, a windshield; so @twowheeladdict was kind enough to donate a shield off of a King(?) and I started fabricating with aluminum flats and as it turns out the Lord blessed tremendously; the angle couldn't be more perfect; it pushes the air up over my head, zero buffeting; rock solid at 85mph and I have a place to strap my bag;(and when I'm sitting somewhere sipping coffee I can put my blue-tooth speaker up there and pull up my playlist of "blues tunes" and the acoustics are great)!
Can you tell I'm practicing for writing my novel/ book to the "Glory of God" for all He's brought me through and taught me in this journey? There ya go sir, that's my story, and I'm sticking to it! :smile::smile::laugh::wink:

Registered
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Feeling lucky? Well do you punk?! Is that a Smith on your hip? We gonna have to call you Dirty Jack. Bike looks bad azz...
Rock Island Armory tried and true Mdl 1911 full frame .45 semi-auto...Oppps....meant to cover it up; I guess the secret is out. I prefer that folks not know that I carry. O well! :eek: Wish it was a Smith or Colt but they're a bit out of my price range, and this will get the job done although I hope and pray the day never comes that I have to find out. Been packing all my life, it's only been pulled on a man one time and he wisely decided to not proceed to "try" and "take" me out. End of story....geez, I'm a wordy old fart. Shut up Jack! :eek::grin:
O' & thanks for the compliment on the bike, I'm having a blast fabricating stuff for this. I'll post up a pick of the "mock up" sissy bar after I unload it, yesterday was a practice run for a trip to WV in July

Shark of the Month October 13
You call me "sir" again and I'll whack you up side the head when I next see you! Actually, I did read your mods thread in the very beginning but obviously didn't follow it long enough to know about the windshield. It all makes perfect sense to me now. A little backyard ingenuity goes a long ways.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts