Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just got back from my trip. Total of 1300 miles so not a bad little trip. First day was up into Tellico Plains Tn and across the dragons tail. Then up to the Blue Ridge Prkwy. Trip back home wee did a turn and burn down the interstate a little over 500 miles that day. Left at 8:45am, stoped an hour for lunch and was home at 6:00pm. Map says straight shot it should take 7 hours 20 minutes so bad time with an hour stop at 9 hours 15 minutes.

Dragons Tail

Blue Ridge Prkwy

·
Registered
8,297 Posts
Nice pics, nice trip !

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
I do like taking that trip through Deals Gap, Cherohala Skyway, and some of the BRP. Other roads in that area are just as fun. Thanks for the pictures and sharing. Good shots!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice pics, nice trip !
Thanks it was an awesome ride.

Great shots, thanks for posting. BTW...I see no snow on the ground yet there's a snowmobile that appears to be following you! >:):surprise:
Haha! Yeah that is my father in law. He rides with me all the time. He does pretty good for a 75 year old man. Golfs twice a week and rides on the weekends. He bought that Spyder at the end of July and has about 6000 miles on it already.

I do like taking that trip through Deals Gap, Cherohala Skyway, and some of the BRP. Other roads in that area are just as fun. Thanks for the pictures and sharing. Good shots!
Yeah man with us living in Ga we have rode many trips in the area. Just never made the tail so I figured a Thursday morning would be a good time to go and I was correct. Only had one bike pass me and got behind 2 cars for a couple seconds until they pulled off. Wasn't very busy at all and loved it. :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks it was an awesome ride.

Haha! Yeah that is my father in law. He rides with me all the time. He does pretty good for a 75 year old man. Golfs twice a week and rides on the weekends. He bought that Spyder at the end of July and has about 6000 miles on it already.

Yeah man with us living in Ga we have rode many trips in the area. Just never made the tail so I figured a Thursday morning would be a good time to go and I was correct. Only had one bike pass me and got behind 2 cars for a couple seconds until they pulled off. Wasn't very busy at all and loved it. :D

Heading there Friday with a bunch of pals... third time this year for me... can't wait

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Great Trip
Great Pictures
Right On Brother.
Who's riding the snowmobile behind you?
Plan on riding the dragon someday once I'm living in Texas.
Swomack
Thanks Man! Yeah that is my father in law. He is 75 with one knee replaced and due for the next one so no 2 wheels for him.

Very cool, considering doing this in the spring.
It is a great time. You wont regret it.

Fantastic ride on The Dragon today... and I can't post a picture yet... dangit

Link them in from a 3rd party host.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Hoping to be there next summer.

Swomack
There's a couple guys from Texas make it out to the area around the Dragon every year for the Ducati East Coast meetup but they usually trailer.

Since you're planning to be in TX next summer does that mean you're going to SWVII?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Did the trip to the Tail from Cincinnati, OH.
2017 I'm doing the BRP from Waynesboro, VA down to the Tail and back.

Planning on stoping in Boone and Asheville going down, then Asheville and Roanoke heading back to Waynesboro.

What is the speed on the Parkway? 45mph? Planning on taking or time, spending two nights in Asheville.

[/URL]
[/CENTER][/IMG]

Got a lot of good info from folks on here....

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
There's a couple guys from Texas make it out to the area around the Dragon every year for the Ducati East Coast meetup but they usually trailer.

Since you're planning to be in TX next summer does that mean you're going to SWVII?
Thats a good question Swo. I was actually thinking the same thing....

·
Registered
6,458 Posts

That most likely will be in the cards next year.
Since I'll be moving to Texas I am hoping to meet up with some of the members here on this forum.
I know there are many on here that are from Texas.
Shark Week would be a great place to meet up with some new road brothers for sure.
Swomack

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
That most likely will be in the cards next year.

Since I'll be moving to Texas I am hoping to meet up with some of the members here on this forum.

I know there are many on here that are from Texas.

Shark Week would be a great place to meet up with some new road brothers for sure.

Swomack

Let me know Swo and I'll help anyway I can.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts