Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone put this engine in their roadglide and if so opinions? Going to do a 124 this winter, just not sure if Iam going S&S or Dragos.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Several on here have done it, Mitchdom, Piesek and myself to name a few.

I have NO complaints. Mine was built with 10.2 compression and the S&S 585 eazy start cam. There are other options more compression and different cams. I went this route for the most reliability I could get and my builders recommendation. Power comes on early and it is a STUMP puller which is what you want in these heavy monsters. Good luck either way you go!

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Either way you go you will be happy!
Both come with a 1 year warrnty!
Also with us we offer package deals with our 124" motors. Tuners and pipes clutch and our injectors and our IDS & std chain drives.
We have maps for
POWER VISION
TTS MASTERTUNE
THUNDERMAX
And can provide any of the efi tuners above in package deals
If you have any questions please call 815-765-1790 ask for Frank
Thanks
FD
Has anyone put this engine in their roadglide and if so opinions? Going to do a 124 this winter, just not sure if Iam going S&S or Dragos.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Frank I already have your Dragula pipe and Thudermax. Right now Iam running a 107 with Tman porting, 660 cams, roller rockers, 58mm HPI worked throttle body, 5.3 gram injectors. I believe I can use the Thundermax and throttle body on either set up correct? Could also use the dragula but go with the bigger baffle correct? Will call ya Frank. In the brainstorming, info gathering stage. lol

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Yes you can use Tmax
yes we have a map for our 124 inch with dragula and 3" baffle
No problem just give me a call
Thanks FD

Frank I already have your Dragula pipe and Thudermax. Right now Iam running a 107 with Tman porting, 660 cams, roller rockers, 58mm HPI worked throttle body, 5.3 gram injectors. I believe I can use the Thundermax and throttle body on either set up correct? Could also use the dragula but go with the bigger baffle correct? Will call ya Frank. In the brainstorming, info gathering stage. lol

·
Registered
664 Posts
I have the S&S crate. 640 cams, 10.8 to 1, 66mm throttle hog, 140hp, 137tq

Runs like a raped ape, crotch rockets don't even know what to do when your next to them. It's loud and nasty

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
I am selling my 124" for the new 144"
I LOVE IT piesik650, a man after my own heart!
I'll SPEND My LAST TO GO FAST! Please keep us posted on the new direction!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well still figuring things out before I pull that trigger. Obviously the money factor is in play. But....you gotta pay to play in a big way if that's the way you want to go. I really like the 124 motor, also looking at the 117 S&S build. Then is there a cost difference with using my 107 motor to do the builds? Frank is figuring some things out for me. Good dude that's for sure. I have Tman heads, 660 cams etc. Or do I just have the 124 motor built by Frank and sell my 107 motor. Decisions decisions. Putting this out there because Iam sure there are others in the same thought process. Bang for the buck and what cost can I recouperate off my 107.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
It seems like you are thinking this thing thru and covering all basis! Recouping some expense via the sale of the 107" is definitely a good way to go in the event you decide you gotta have the upgraded engine.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Curious from the guys that already have the 124 in their bikes....How is the rideability? Acceleration? Is it decent on the highway? I don't do long trips but get on the highway occasionally. Fuel mileage?

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Curious from the guys that already have the 124 in their bikes....How is the rideability? Acceleration? Is it decent on the highway? I don't do long trips but get on the highway occasionally. Fuel mileage?
I have a S&S 124 LC and I have a little over 3k miles on it and it's perfect. I took a trip to daytona and it purred like a kitten all the way. It's smooth as glass and I get 42.3 mpg on the highway. Around town it's a different story. I can't stay out of it. Maybe 34-36 mpg. On my 103 with a cam I would get the same. The power is always there.

On the way to daytona I meet one of my buddy's and we fueled up at the same time and I got better fuel mileage than him and he has a 103 with S&S 551 cams. I was pretty impressed to say the least.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts