Road Glide banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a set of dragos 2/1 dragula 1. I live the performance of the pipe. But it's a little to quiet for me. Dragos doesn't make any baffles that would give it some growl. So I thought I would ask you guys. I don't want to switch the header. Just some extra bite. Thanks fellas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
12,295 Posts
Too quiet? Exactly how loud do you want it to be? I have the Dragula , and I'll admit it's not obnoxiously loud (thank goodness), but when I rev it a little it barks loud enough to get attention. If the pipe is too loud, it gets you noticed mostly in the wrong way.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Frank Drago. Drago's Bike Works

I talked to dragos 2 weeks ago. They said they did t have any baffles to give it a deeper sound. That why I am asking on the board if any other ideas

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
I talked to dragos 2 weeks ago. They said they did t have any baffles to give it a deeper sound. That why I am asking on the board if any other ideas

That surprises me. I just traded a '12. I was running a Dragula 2 with the largest baffle (3") and it was very loud. Of course, it was on a 124".

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That surprises me. I just traded a '12. I was running a Dragula 2 with the largest baffle (3") and it was very loud. Of course, it was on a 124".

Running a 103 with Andrews 48s. Sometimes I gotta rev the engine to hear the pipes.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Why do you say that?
Mainly because I can't ever remember anyone saying that the Dragos 2:1 was too "quiet".

Frank has two current baffles available for the 2:1 - the 2.55" and the 3.0", and there was some talk that they were working on a 3.25". So there are some options, but trade offs as well.

On a stock 103 motor I'd personally go with the 2.55" baffle to maintain sufficient exhaust gas velocity and peak torque. But the resulting sound is going to be whatever it is. Sound is subjective........... What is too quiet for you might be obnoxious to someone else. What you describe as 'deep" might sound tinny or raspy to someone else.

Lastly, your exhaust gasses (and sound) are flowing out the very back of your bike, so you aren't going to experience the same dB noise level when you're sitting on the bike as what someone behind you is going to get.

So short of going with something like the Python Rayzer or Freedom Sharp Curve style exhausts that exit the side in front of the right bags, I'm not entirely sure what else you can do to make your current exhaust louder or deeper.

My wife rides an '06 Sporty with turn down straight shots and her bike is loud (and I'll give it to her has the best "old school Harley sound" of anyone that rides in our club), but gosh they get annoying after riding with her for an hour.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Pull the baffle and remove the packing will make it louder

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Pull the baffle and remove the packing will make it louder
Go put 8 hours on the saddle and then ask that question. I honestly was thinking Shag was a troll but maybe he's hearing impaired. Do yourself a favor and ride and don't worry about it. Im also running a 2/1 so I know. Get some buddies to ride with you and see what they say following you. How old are you Shaggy?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts