Road Glide banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I definitely changing out cams in my bike soon. I have so far acquired S&S Quickee Pushrods and S&S Premium tappets. Just wanted to hear some feedback from members that have or have had either one of these cams in their bikes. I do not plan on doing anything with the heads yet. Probably just a cam swap and maybe the Dragos big bore kit making it106/107. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Left you some feedback on Chopped Baggers forum. I have the 580 with stage 2 heads and a 106 all from Frank. Over 100 and 120 even with true duals and a mild touring tune. I attached my dyno chart from Frank. He's an awesome guy to deal with.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Left you some feedback on Chopped Baggers forum. I have the 580 with stage 2 heads and a 106 all from Frank. Over 100 and 120 even with true duals and a mild touring tune. I attached my dyno chart from Frank. He's an awesome guy to deal with.
Here"s the dyno chart

·
Registered
27 Posts
Here"s the dyno chart
I did not see the link to your dyno chart. I'm interested as I have just finished assembly of the same package on my bike. Dragos Stage 2 heads, his 106 kit and his 580 cams w/ S&S Premium lifters w/ travel limiters. I am running the Dragula pipes w/ the 2.5" baffle. I'm just starting break in so I haven't been able to feel any seat of the pants results yet. It's very frustrating being patient enough to break it in properly.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Yes I have Frank's S&S 106 kit. I'll try to attach the dyno chart. Not sure why it is not showing up.

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Just posted in Dyno section a build we just did. Diablo stage 2.5 580 cams.
Made 106Hp 121 TQ With SCS-4 2:1 pipe.
We use S&S cylinders and use a different forge piston with kit. We use them on our 98"to 127" kits
And we use on our blower engines with custom blower pistons.
I have found the S&S cylinders are great and have had great luck with them. Bigger cooling fins , helps disapte heat. Just and all around better cylinder in my OP.
We offer 3 different cams for those build 580/608/611.
I like the 580. I find to be a better cam for the street touring. Just good power all around. Quiter valve train not crazy aggressive. Stock rockers .
608 is a higher compression all around Tq cam
611 likes lots of compression more of a race cam.

Also just did 2 bikes last week
1-2013 Bagger stock 103 Dragos 580 cams 96/97 110 tq Dragula exhaust

2- 2011 Bagger stock 103 Dragos 580 cams Dbw duals CVO mufflers with full sac 2" baffles
89/90 hp. 100/103 tq

So I definitely changing out cams in my bike soon. I have so far acquired S&S Quickee Pushrods and S&S Premium tappets. Just wanted to hear some feedback from members that have or have had either one of these cams in their bikes. I do not plan on doing anything with the heads yet. Probably just a cam swap and maybe the Dragos big bore kit making it106/107. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I just installed the 580 cams and Dragula 2 pipe on my 12' 103 and using a TTS map frank sent me. Runs great. What a difference from the stick cams!

I'm running up to RC Cycles Thursday to have Bob tune it and will post dyno after I get back.

I'm sure it is the best $ spent for performance.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Been Happy with 611 cam I got from Frank. I have the SCS-4 Pipe, before the New Dracula 2 came out. 106 S&S Kit, 58mm throttle hog with Drago's 4.9 injectors. 2.5 Diablo heads, SE 58mm air filter kit. Aim lock SE clutch pack and high pressure spring. Tuned with power vision. Hope to pull some numbers within the next month. Been very happy with Franks customer service. Great on answering all questions and followed up to make sure I was happy. I did try to talk to some of the others, however call backs were days later (some not at all). Customer service always wins and my book. If your question is power its there. 18k so far on the build.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have the 580 from frank with Harley 103 kit with ported heads only thing stock on the bike is the throttle body and injectors and 2-1 pipe on my 07 road glide and the thing is a beast. Going to get it Dyno and see if I can squeeze anything else out of it

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Definitely get an A+ for customer service. I sent him a Facebook message and he replied at 5:00 am this morning. Wow. Who does that. And then called and talked to him at 5:40am.

·
Registered
120 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
I switched from a set of 255 cams to the 580s. MUCH better!

·
Registered
307 Posts
frank got your 580 cam and dragula 2 pipe on. i can tell the difference love the sound of of the new pipe over dragula 1 pipe. let me know when i can come up for dyno thursday or friday thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just installed Franks 565 cams on my 103 with true duals and am loving them. Definitely need to lean forward and hold on when the bike hits 2800 rpm. I am waiting on a new map from Frank, but I'm sure it will pull harder when I get the tune dialed in.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.