Road Glide banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have about 43k on a 103" FLTRX with Drago's 580 cams and Drago's 2-1 installed 3 years ago. Dyno #'s are 105HP/115TQ tuned with TTS. I decided I wanted more so I contacted Frank and decided to go with his Diablo 2.5 107" kit which included:

Drago’s Diablo 2.5 107” kit
Head work with 1.9 intake and 1.615 exhaust valves
CP Carrillo Dome Pistons
10.5:1
Cams Drago’s 580
20/42 578 Lift 243 Duration at .05
44/18 568 Lift 243 Duration at .05
101 Centerline
104 Centerline

S&S Lifters with HL2T
S&S Quickie Push Rods
.30 Head Gasket
Dragos 2-1 Ver 2

I took apart the engine at my place and sent my heads and cylinders to Frank. 3 weeks later they showed back with up pistons, rings and a .30 Head Gasket. Now I had heard great things about Belliston's HD in Washington UT, so I decided to tow the bike up to see the master mechanic, Troy. Let me say this guy is AMAZING. He was ready when I arrived and we got started right away and got to work. Once we got it back together we did the required Heat Cycles, changed oil and took it out for a 10 mile break-in ride. He said it felt strong, but needed to do some auto tunes.

The next day He and I and Kim took a 70 miles ride through Snow Canyon (Beautiful). Bike ran strong and I felt I made a good decision with the Drago's build and choosing Belliston's HD to do the install. Fast forward one week and I took the bike up to Bob @ RC Cycles in Hayward, CA to do a TTS tune. After 2 hours on the Dyno doing a through tune Bob said...take it out and let me know what you think. Well, I couldn't be happier. 118HP/121TQ. I took it out for a 130 mile ride yesterday and it pulls great!

Thanks to Frank for a great kit and to Troy and Kim at Belliston's HD for the great experience and hospitality.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Now thats impressive. With the 10.25 compression and the .030 head gasket what do you think the final compression is?10.5???

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Happy to help get you back on the road. Those are great numbers. I owe you a poker chip!!!

Now if I had just put the correct O2 sensor in the correct hole. Dang it. What a boneheaded move.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Now thats impressive. With the 10.25 compression and the .030 head gasket what do you think the final compression is?10.5???

Yes

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
67 Posts
Not be a hater, which I am, but those numbers seem a little high for just a cam swap on a twin cam. Dragos 2.5 numbers sound like a lot of fun though. Ride safe

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not be a hater, which I am, but those numbers seem a little high for just a cam swap on a twin cam. Dragos 2.5 numbers sound like a lot of fun though. Ride safe
It wasn't a cam swap. Went from 103" with Cams to 107" with headwork. Same Cams.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
WTF? Do you even read a post before you reply?

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Fight fight fight!!!!
Yeah, that one was all on me.....I accused him of shitty reading comprehension when it was actually ME with the shitty reading comprehension.

I know I'm an ass sometimes but I didn't think I was an idiot too.....lol.

Again, sorry lima!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts